Who loves rainbows?

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's with the rainbows? They don't need extra care (as they don't ask to), they are just the same as the majority. Yeah I get it they do stand out sometimes, because of their happy colors. They are special creations just like each of the rests.

Go shine and shimmer in your own way, soon everybody will love your colors without hesitations!

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy animation GIF

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi folks, we love rainbows here too. We love all kinds of colors and shapes. If you have a disagreement with some moderating decision, please contact the staff directly. Do not use this thread or any other on R2R as a place to be divisive. We understand that not everyone will agree with our decisions, and truthfully we do the best we can. However, we're asking that everyone follow our terms of service.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, we love rainbows here too. We love all kinds of colors and shapes. If you have a disagreement with some moderating decision, please contact the staff directly. Do not use this thread or any other on R2R as a place to be divisive. We understand that not everyone will agree with our decisions, and truthfully we do the best we can. However, we're asking that everyone follow our terms of service.
I did reach out directly but have not received any response.

Edit For Additional Clarification:

The Terms of Service are very straight forward and simple, I personally reached out to figure out what exactly is being violated. I understand that Mods have to use a lot of discretion, but I am not quite sure where R2R is having an issue. I might have missed something, but the rules seem to be applied in a very one sided manner based on the reactions I am seeing.

I love this forum and have made some amazing friends on here, I am not blaming any mods or members or anyone else, I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the issue here. Loving someone no matter where they fall on the socio-politcal spectrum seems pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a post gets deleted in about 5-20 minutes...

How long do you think a screen shot of a PM takes to be deleted, vs answered?

It’s been 2 hours and 20 minutes since my PM was sent per above Mod’s suggestion, and yet still no answer.

Yet if I post a screen shot on here, I bet it will be gone in less than 5 minutes with still no answer.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did reach out directly but have not received any response.

Edit For Additional Clarification:

The Terms of Service are very straight forward and simple, I personally reached out to figure out what exactly is being violated. I understand that Mods have to use a lot of discretion, but I am not quite sure where R2R is having an issue. I might have missed something, but the rules seem to be applied in a very one sided manner based on the reactions I am seeing.

I love this forum and have made some amazing friends on here, I am not blaming any mods or members or anyone else, I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the issue here. Loving someone no matter where they fall on the socio-politcal spectrum seems pretty straight forward.
Yep, me too.
I haven't received a PM. None of us are active at all times. Perhaps the staff member you messaged has not been able to respond yet? I know I do my best to answer quickly, but it's not always as fast as I would like.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't received a PM. None of us are active at all times. Perhaps the staff member you messaged has not been able to respond yet? I know I do my best to answer quickly, but it's not always as fast as I would like.
PM to the owner.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand keeping this forum reef related only - that’s why I come here! If we’re going to enforce the rules though we should be doing it for anyone looking for sub communities within the reef community, yes?

seems reasonable to me

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged Rev as well, and I understand he is extremely busy. I am not mad that I have not received a response nor am I being impatient, I was just informing you that I had already done as directed. You guys are busy, take your time, my question was of no urgent nature, just simple clarification on what is being enforced. I just want to do my part to make this forum as inclusive as it can be.

Ironically, the whole idea of a lounge forum seems to violate the terms of service itself. I am not saying to get rid of the lounge, I am just wanting to be sure the rules are being enforced fairly.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PM to the owner.
I know he's extremely busy right now. I'm sure he will respond when he is able.
I messaged Rev as well, and I understand he is extremely busy. I am not mad that I have not received a response nor am I being impatient, I was just informing you that I had already done as directed. You guys are busy, take your time, my question was of no urgent nature, just simple clarification on what is being enforced. I just want to do my part to make this forum as inclusive as it can be.

Ironically, the whole idea of a lounge forum seems to violate the terms of service itself. I am not saying to get rid of the lounge, I am just wanting to be sure the rules are being enforced fairly.
Thanks for understanding and for reaching out. We understand not everyone will agree with our decisions, and we really wish it was possible to make decisions everyone found agreeable. We truly do the best we can, but we know we certainly don't get every decision right. I know Rev will review your message and get back to you when he is able. In the meantime I do appreciate everyone's patience with us.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand keeping this forum reef related only - that’s why I come here! If we’re going to enforce the rules though we should be doing it for anyone looking for sub communities within the reef community, yes?

seems reasonable to me
And that’s the thing that just really rubs the wrong way.

Do hunters or people that pray need to use code words? Do gun owners? Cat or dog lovers? People with freshwater aquariums? of course not because that is just ridiculous! We all are more than reefing. Either censor it all or let people say their piece somewhere.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I asked above, please do not use this thread to voice frustration with moderating decisions. Instead, please reach out to staff members for clarification on those things. From our TOS:

"Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material."

I really do hope everyone here has a wonderful New Year's celebration this evening.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I asked above, please do not use this thread to voice frustration with moderating decisions. Instead, please reach out to staff members for clarification on those things. From our TOS:

"Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material."

I really do hope everyone here has a wonderful New Year's celebration this evening.
We were discussing how our PMs have not been answered.
How exactly do we know who to contact when no information is given when these posts “disappear”?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back