Who regrets getting a clown fish.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated Black Ausie, same like yours in your pic.

Everytime i need to clean the glass and go near the Duncan they hosted, they will go Torpedo on me.
They are registered Astrea Snail killers... everytime a Astrea Snail gets near them, they will knock them off the wall and flip them over. They are pretty chill with tank mates, the queen will go up and check out the newbie, and then go back to her Duncan, but my hands during cleaning and Astrea snails, is a different story.

Do i hate them? Yes, i was sort of forced on them, as i really wanted a more designer clown like a storm trooper, or a platinum.

Will i get rid of them? No... they were the first fish i got for that tank, actually they were the reason i ended up getting back into the hobby along with the tank, as it was sort of dumped on me by my brother who gave the salt side of the hobby the middle finger and went back to planted.

So yea, love and hate relationship.

But the fish in my group i hate more with a passion is probably my Orchid Dotty.
Never going to Dotty again PERIOD.

No new fish allowed or that Dotty will mongoose the hell out of it regardless of size.
I can replace a dead fish with like to like, seems like she doesn't care if it looks the same, but no new looking fish allowed.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of mine bite me but I just find them so boring mine. Live in the back corner of my tank and just don’t do much. Yes I do like the ones that host anemones but in my normal reef tank having a big anemone is both difficult and dangerous.

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a sick obsession for Blood Orange clowns. It’s a cross between a maroon and ocellaris. They get super mean haha but they’re pretty to look at it

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female Storm is absolutely vicious. She will keep going at me until my arm is out of the tank. I'll chase it with my tweezers until she goes and hides but will come right back. The male leaves me alone but was trying to pick a fight with my larger Flame Angel when I added it. The female left it alone though so yea they're weird fish.

larryl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown bites at me when I got my hand in the tank. Kinda tickles, but gets annoying. I do not regret the clowns, they are my favorite.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back