Why my arco skin bubble/bounce?

-JoJoReefing-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most of my arco have bubbles under the skin all over the place; and some of my zoa looks like mutated zombie; the plate coral gets star tips, and hammer tips are bloated. Seems some arco become green. I tested the water a while ago but everything on track. Alk around 8.5, Cal around 430 and Mag around 1300 always stable. I wonder if this is bacteria issue? I also heard today this could be microbubble getting into the tissue. Anyone had similar experience?
IMG_3911.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

IMG_3913.jpeg

image.jpg

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send an Aquabiomics test in. This is likely a bacterial process, possibly from Planktotella.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s amazing! I have never seen acropora and also multiple lps get the neoplasia type bubbles everywhere. Unfortunately no one has a solution for this issue. Make sure the big three are in line and make sure there is no dosing going on that’s not needed.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is water chemistry, like a presence of an element or heavy metals in the water, or high nutrients, or bacterial infection. Many times the high nutrient systems tend to activate bacterial infections. Or other pathogenic microorganism. We also know that lack of water motion can cause anomalies on the corals tentacles' projections. Lack of proper light qualities could also have negative influence on coral immunization. Or a combination of all or some of the above.
Some have reported those anomalies and they seem/look to be gas or water retention. I don't think those projections are tumors. They would have to have the presence of a solid formation.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 70 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back