OP
mrcoffee2

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its just a little bleached. With time the zooax will thicken and you will get more vibrant coloration.

Ok I don't doubt this. I will let you guys know how it looks in a couple weeks if you are interested.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do know that LEDs are often not kind to acans and they can morph colors (read lose colors). This is true of most LEDs (a buddy of mine has this issue even with radions) and is why I'm looking to supplement my LEDs with t5s. HTH Good luck!

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do know that LEDs are often not kind to acans and they can morph colors (read lose colors). This is true of most LEDs (a buddy of mine has this issue even with radions) and is why I'm looking to supplement my LEDs with t5s. HTH Good luck!
thats exactly what happen to mine..posted pics earlier..when I got the frag it was the vibrant rainbow. I am running a radion g2 with G3 cluster upgrade and it morphed into that no green muddy looking color in a little over week

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking it will eventually come to look very close to the one Paul posted a picture of.

OP
OP
mrcoffee2

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give an update to this thread. It has been about 3 months since I have had it. Since then the Acan has grown from 2-3 heads to about 6. The colors did come in and they are stunning, the new heads have deep rich greens, reds, yellows, whites, oranges and other beautiful colors. I think in time this will end up being one of my favorite pieces. I can try for a pic but the heads are just so small I cant really get a good one with a Cell phone. If you look at the pic I posted of what they are suppose to look like then it will give you a good idea because the colors are just as vibrant. I was worried at $100 a head :), now I am very happy!

Thanks REEFGEN!

kfd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at the utter chaos next to it... it's more of a lighting problem....

OP
OP
mrcoffee2

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at the utter chaos next to it... it's more of a lighting problem....

That was just for the picture, I blasted it with cool whites cause I had a crappy cell that could not handle the blues. The colors started coming in about a month later. It looks great now.

kfd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was just for the picture, I blasted it with cool whites cause I had a crappy cell that could not handle the blues. The colors started coming in about a month later. It looks great now.
Good to know. Keep it up bring up the colors. :)

OP
OP
mrcoffee2

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what it looks like now.

20141106_101736.jpg

Dustyboots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, are you going to glue it in? I'm excited to see it as part of your reef.

WindeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my Acans look drab for about four-six weeks after purchase but Then have colored up really nicely; I think it's easy to get a new coral and if it doesn't look awesome right away we move it and tinker with it and stress it out all the more. Just be patient and as it acclimates it should color up for you! Good luck with it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back