WL Marine Aquascape

frasers4th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Team,
I’m reaching out to ask if anyone has had experience with WL Marine? They only have an instagram page WL Marine

041A082F-C904-4865-AA9C-EF593C7D38C0.jpeg

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve made an order for 2 pieces on early DEC 2022 and eventually received the pieces in late AUG 2023. Corresponded via WhatsApp but replies were slow at times. Both the pieces arrived broken, but repair kit (sand and glue) were provided. I didn’t have the time to repair till last week. Nice pieces indeed, but I would not order again, unless I have the patience to wait 6 to 9 months.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FinalPhaze987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When first discussing the project he quoted me 2 months...that was in September 23...since then it's been a communication every 2 weeks if I'm lucky..

The scape w supposedly shipped in January 4th but the tracking number has yet to register in the system

Upvote 0

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If shipping overseas it will go through multiple carriers

I just had an item shipped from china, I had a UPS “tracking number” that doesn’t work on the tracking page and doesn’t look like a standard format UPS tracking number. I found on UPS website a spot to search by reference number, sure enough, the strange number I was given, pulled up results and gave me my status.

Upvote 0

FinalPhaze987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pleasant surprise today and found that the scape came in. Box was well packed and came with a repair kit. There were 5 broken pieces, but for coming halfway around the world, very understandable and nothing major. Box was made from foam and had packaging material surrounding it.

Total time was 5 months from first messaging to receiving. When I first hit him up, I could find no reviews or info on any US forum. I'm glad to say he's legit and didn't end up as an expensive lesson learned.

My advice, if you are looking to get one made through them, plan WELL in advance.

Attachments

• 20240223_193243.jpg
    20240223_193243.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240223_193239.jpg
    20240223_193239.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240223_192728.jpg
    20240223_192728.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240223_192319.jpg
    20240223_192319.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240223_193331.jpg
    20240223_193331.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240223_192800.jpg
    20240223_192800.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240223_193235.jpg
    20240223_193235.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i placed mine 5 months ago still waiting! Last i talk to him 2 weeks ago that shipping was delayed because of holidays but promised that it was handed to shipping company in line to be shipped but still waiting for the tracking number! Since then i did not hear back

Upvote 0

FinalPhaze987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i placed mine 5 months ago still waiting! Last i talk to him 2 weeks ago that shipping was delayed because of holidays but promised that it was handed to shipping company in line to be shipped but still waiting for the tracking number! Since then i did not hear back
I hear ya...his demand is definitely more than he can keep up with..I encountered the same delays and had mine shipping since January 4th. The bright side is that people are eventually getting theirs in and we all weren't jacked. That was my biggest fear since he doesn't do business with paypal or CC.

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean set up!
This is my 3rd aquascape having playing with Caribsea branches and STAX in the first 2. This time I am going for SPS dominant instead of LPS heavy in the first 2. Plenty of space around the scape for the SPS to grow out before touching the glass.
camphoto_758783491.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya...his demand is definitely more than he can keep up with..I encountered the same delays and had mine shipping since January 4th. The bright side is that people are eventually getting theirs in and we all weren't jacked. That was my biggest fear since he doesn't do business with paypal or CC.
I saw his works at an exhibition in Singapore. I ordered and waited for 9 months, and eventually it arrived. Just WhatsApp chat him up, whenever you’re anxious. Do expect some breakages, it’s well packed though. I had another smaller scape done by him, it’s broken in pieces at the main structure, that took a bit more work to put it back, but it can be done. Insofar, he’s legit.

Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw his works at an exhibition in Singapore. I ordered and waited for 9 months, and eventually it arrived. Just WhatsApp chat him up, whenever you’re anxious. Do expect some breakages, it’s well packed though. I had another smaller scape done by him, it’s broken in pieces at the main structure, that took a bit more work to put it back, but it can be done. Insofar, he’s legit.
But its difficult to get a hold of him ! He wont respond immediately to your messages , last i sent him a week a go still no response! I understand that he’s overwhelmed with many orders to fulfill but instead of promising 2 months from order placement till shipping he should have put a caveat that it takes up to 9 months to receive your order instead of making us wait forever

Upvote 0

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But its difficult to get a hold of him ! He wont respond immediately to your messages , last i sent him a week a go still no response! I understand that he’s overwhelmed with many orders to fulfill but instead of promising 2 months from order placement till shipping he should have put a caveat that it takes up to 9 months to receive your order instead of making us wait forever
I get you. For moments there and then, I thought I had it. And it’s not helping when he only responded after several reminders. But we all got our pieces eventually, don’t we? I certainly hope you’ll get yours soon!

IMG_9033.jpeg

Upvote 0

leicalux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience. Took about 5 months from order to rockscape in hand. The rockscape was ready in about 3 months but it took 2 more months to get it. He said something about custom taking time, not sure why it would take that long. There were a couple broken pieces but in general it was packed well and good quality work.

Upvote 0

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I placed an order back in November 2023 and am still awaiting my scapes. I was also quoted two months so I went ahead and set everything up in January and have been using temporary rocks and pvc tubes for the fish. Glad that I’m not being scammed but REALLY wish he’d provide an accurate ETA. Just prior to finding this thread I sent a polite but firm message saying I needed an accurate ETA for shipping. I’ve gotten the “it’s done and in the box at the store” message about a month ago with no responses since. Don’t want to be cranky with the guy because it truly is art but the lack of communication and apparently inaccurate info being relayed is quite frustrating.

Reckon I’m gonna get some branch rock to use temporarily and throw it in the stock tank when the scapes eventually get here.

Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still did not receive my scape since i ordered last September! He's very slow in responding sometimes it takes a week or more to get a hold of him via whatsapp he wont pick the phone if you try and call him. Im just waiting for tracking number last i talked to him he said it is out already and that he would send it to me asap but still i have not heard from him still chasing him with messages almost every other day !! He said that the reason for being late is that he is moving to a new store and hes been really busy decorating and the shop and that is preventing him from responding to messages instantly,,, bow im not sure if thats 100% accurate however i could tell that there might be some truth to and thats because he has not been posting on his instagram page for a long time and he has not “liked” or “commented” On many accounts that I know he's following one if them is emoceans.ch https://www.instagram.com/emoceans.ch?igsh=MXBvcnFpZTM0NzFxcg==
He has a close relationship with this company since he’s supplying them with his products.
But i also think that he’s “biting more that he could chew” and that causing problems for him. Plus i think that to lower his shipping costs hes probably dealing with multiple that quotes him the lowest fares by re-routing these boxes to multiple shipping companies and transits through many destinations before reaching final destination, but thats just my guess.
By the way his name is Mr Park and he has couple of videos on youtube
————————-

Upvote 0

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Last September?! What was the quoted timeframe he gave you? I went back and looked at my conversation with him and I told him I would be setting the tank up in January and he said it should be done by then.

He also told me about moving his shop but said my scape was completed but it was roughly handled by the moving company so he needed to make a couple of repairs and it should ship the following week. That was three weeks ago and I haven’t heard from him since. I agree, the guy has amazing talent and makes a great product but this is an absolutely awful way to run a business. My tank is currently set up with approximately twenty fish, two big pieces of temporary liverock and a bunch of PVC tubes. It’s super aggravating. I’m just going to annoy the crap out of him so he’ll send it to get me to leave him alone.

Upvote 0

GulfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Last September?! What was the quoted timeframe he gave you? I went back and looked at my conversation with him and I told him I would be setting the tank up in January and he said it should be done by then.

He also told me about moving his shop but said my scape was completed but it was roughly handled by the moving company so he needed to make a couple of repairs and it should ship the following week. That was three weeks ago and I haven’t heard from him since. I agree, the guy has amazing talent and makes a great product but this is an absolutely awful way to run a business. My tank is currently set up with approximately twenty fish, two big pieces of temporary liverock and a bunch of PVC tubes. It’s super aggravating. I’m just going to annoy the crap out of him so he’ll send it to get me to leave him alone.
Yup technically speaking September 22 when money were exchanged and order confirmed! The quoted time frame was 2 months and to complete and ship! Almost 6 months have passed and no sign of the scape !!
My brand new 5 foot tank had been sitting idle since then.
Im frustrated as you are by the bad customer service
But i can assure you that the business is legitimate, its just that we are not sure whats going on in the backend!
Were only left to speculation, something “fishy” is going on but we’re not sure what it is?!
he’s either taking many orders that he could not handle “profits over quality and service” or that he trying to save on shipping “snail mail” im not sure his “very slow” response time indicate that something wrong is going on, but at the end of the day people are getting their scapes but after a long long time 6 to 8 months is what we are seeing.
But the fact that he has not been posting on social media tells you something last post was (Dec 26) but if i were you i would try not to aggravate him since he has you “money”

Upvote 0

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered five larger pieces for a 4x8 setup last March and still haven’t received them…

Unfortunately since it’s a wire transfer there is zero protection. When the ordered I did contemplate this overnight and felt the risk was worth the reward.

Not really angry about the potential lost money since I knew the risk but more disappointed that I may not get the rock.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back