Woooo Woooo! 95G Tank build! (1st tank ever)

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang good set-up man... i am still saving up for a sump to replace my canisters and hopefully get some LED lighting later to replace my T5's..

What set up ya got Arnie? Got a build thread I could check out? And nothing wrong with T5's from what I hear. Just that they cost more to run, heard ya get great coral growth from them though. And a sump is really nice, I would do that first.

Sent from my iPhone using REEF2REEF

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update photo of both tanks. QT tank up and cycle underway. It is a QT also (not a hospital tank) that is why it has sand and rock.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400565475.521765.jpg

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, this is so true Javier! Gotta get it stocked and everything ready for the big tank! I think I need to upgrade the skyye lighting that came with the tank though. From my research they just aren't enough light for corals. But I should be able to pick up an inexpensive light for that nano.

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, so another night at work and another night my brain wonders about the tank. With the suggestion of AK Reefer, I have decided on another fish for my tank. (I most likely won't be adding him for a couple months, he is going on the fish list. Not 100 percent on which one but it will be a bristle tooth tang. Possibilities are a tomini, kole, and two spot. Anyone with experience or input on some bristle tooths?

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized when doing the calculations for how many fish is a good number to have in my tank, I discovered it is a 90 gallon not 95. Not sure where I was getting those extra 5 gallons.

bond300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank is a little over stocked but oh well no problems 4 Tangs, 6 p clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Lawnmower Blenny!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great looking tanks!

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i dont have a tank build thread... just showing my tanks... I will have some pictures up as soon as I have the sump running in 2 weeks.

Finally got a slightly used Aqueon Proflex Sump model #2 with a 950gph mag drive all for $200 CDN... saved a lot retails for $450 CDN... WOOHOOOO!!!!

20140521_120631.jpg
20140521_120626.jpg

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank is a little over stocked but oh well no problems 4 Tangs, 6 p clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Lawnmower Blenny!

What size tank ya running bond?

hi i dont have a tank build thread... just showing my tanks... I will have some pictures up as soon as I have the sump running in 2 weeks.

Finally got a slightly used Aqueon Proflex Sump model #2 with a 950gph mag drive all for $200 CDN... saved a lot retails for $450

That's a great deal ya got there Arnie! And yes, create a build thread man!

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So this is the boring process of waiting for the tank to get established before getting ready for more coral. However the frags I did have in there I decided to take off of the rock they were on and put them on discs. So my first time of fragging went well I think. Only time will tell if everything opens back up. Here are some photos however.
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, you took zoanthids off a rock and put them on disks?

I usually do it the other way around. :)

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did it backwards, but they came on small pieces of rock and they were trying to grow out from the bottom side of the rock and I wanted to get them growing straight up off a disc for now.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah I did it backwards, but they came on small pieces of rock and they were trying to grow out from the bottom side of the rock and I wanted to get them growing straight up off a disc for now.

makes sense.

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here is a little update for everyone. Tank is doing good. I have the constant bryopsis glass algae that is prevalent with new tanks in that first 1 to 2 month range. I did 12 gallon (10 percent) water change today and everything is going good.

Test results are as follows.
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Calcium: 425ppm
Alk: 9.3dkh
Mag: 1440ppm
PH: 8.15
Temp: 77.6

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg