World Wide Corals Coral Farm Build Thread (not open to public)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

prime8reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe at the event next weekend you could offer VIP pass to view the room to anyone spending over $250, lol. Might work out well for ya...and us coral addicts

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see these bad boys up and running more room for all my future corals LOL
Won't be long, just a few months until we are fully operational.

That is insane
Yes, yes it is. A long time dream finally becoming reality.

Oh man, I'll make the trek from East Orlando to gaze at these tanks! :) Haven't been to the store in MONTHS! I love going there, would spend countless minutes just staring at everything when I first started in the hobby. You guys truly are the BEST store here in Orlando, hands down
Thank you for the kind words, means a lot. Come on down we'll be happy to give you a quick tour.

Definitely a top notch build! The craftsmanship of the tanks and sumps are Amazing!
Thank you very much, the tanks/sumps are indeed beautifully crafted.

Maybe at the event next weekend you could offer VIP pass to view the room to anyone spending over $250, lol. Might work out well for ya...and us coral addicts
Thanks for the suggestion.

This is going to be top notch! Following all the way
We're just getting started!

Tagging along
Thanks for subscribing.

Hi,
Follow and have a look of the German style of coral breeding !
https://www.facebook.com/GrotechAquarientechnikGmbH/posts/685137431561626
Definitely impressive growth, nice setup too.

Last edited:

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the corals we grow in this farm will be in our retail side. We may consider having events in the future where we let the public into the farm.

We cannot have it open to the public all the time or it defeats the whole purpose. We need to propagate the corals, if everything is for sale all the time it's impossible to propagate. People hate seeing "not for sale" signs everywhere. We will be able to grow our online division and the retail side tremendously by having a shipping, fragging, and holding area where we don't have to interact with the public all day long which drastically slows down the production.

I totally understand.

I am not suggesting that "open to the public" is the same as "everything is for sale". In addition to coral, I happen to love doughnuts too. I am perfectly happy knowing that I can visit the Krispy Kreme factory and not be able to purchase the doughnuts that are still in the boiling oil....its still fun to watch :)

Yes, you're right, it is frustrating to see not for sale signs, but its more frustrating to see a closed sign and wonder whats not for sale lol.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand.

I am not suggesting that "open to the public" is the same as "everything is for sale". In addition to coral, I happen to love doughnuts too. I am perfectly happy knowing that I can visit the Krispy Kreme factory and not be able to purchase the doughnuts that are still in the boiling oil....its still fun to watch :)

Yes, you're right, it is frustrating to see not for sale signs, but its more frustrating to see a closed sign and wonder whats not for sale lol.
You make a good point and as I mentioned before we may have some type of events in the future when we let people in the farm, but that is still far away right now we are just focused on finishing it and loading the tanks with frags.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems about right! Lol

Will you guys have SPS, LPS and softies separated in different tanks?
Sorry if these questions are redundant

Gabriel
No, they will be in the same tanks but grouped in areas together. i.e. Acros will be under high light in one area, chalices will be together under low light in different area of tank.

Any updat?
We started building the platforms so you can stand between the tanks and look down and reach across them comfortably. The A/C is running nicely so we are working hard right now on the cabinetry and plumbing.

Here is a rough sketchup of some ideas we have for the cabinetry.

Last edited:

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There can't be a comparable setup out there...at least not independently owned (public aquariums with grow out areas). Awesome project guys, can't wait to see the results and reap the benefits of better selection from an awesome company!

kb1094

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]

Very nice! I like how there is a Mac. Very cool, tagging along.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have made some progress on the farm so thought I'd share a few pictures. Since the last update we have two systems filled with water. One full of beautiful haitian rock (temporarily) that we plan to use in the farm show tank and one with corals. We also have some temporary lighting setup on the tank with corals. All the tanks will have these black custom wood hoods over them and they will be suspended from the ceiling, the 2x4's are just temporary. The wooden hoods allow us the flexibility to easily install our own custom lighting inside them as we see fit.

wV3BBl.jpg

gYsZtE.jpg

84N871.jpg

bvyvyi.jpg

ewNtac.jpg

t47UdE.jpg

SRXUKM.jpg

qaIgHG.jpg

X0zVFQ.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back