Wouldn't it be easier to create a function/task then assign a switch or multiple switches then a timer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that the programing Logic of GHL is really annoying. Everything is so backwards. Also trying to have 1 switch do many different things is a real pain in the tush.

I find it would be easier to create a function first. For example lets say I want to do a water change.

So first create a function or task, then assign what switches will be affected. If needed set a time those switches are off and then back on. Then if you want a delay on.
Then you could set which pumps come on after a set amount of time to let the system stabilize before starting the AWC and shut off based on amount of fluid, sensor treading or time. Or assign each pump to a sensor that triggers the pump off or on.

I know for them to go back and "redesign things" would be tough for them.. But the logic of their programming is terrible as is.

As things are now. Say I want to shut off my skimmer and delay restart it for feeding, Maintenance, AWC.. and who knows what else. I have to create a bunch of Programable Logic steps.. 50% of which are utterly confusing to get right.

OK, sorry for the rant.. Just looking at the pile of gear I have to install and trying to set it all up right isn't going to be fun at all.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back