WWC Vic's Picks: High End Corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC Helios Acropora

1704745087387.png

1.5" x 1" WYSIWYG and fully aquacultured by WWC! Similar to our Super Red Polyp Clathrata the WWC Helios Acropora is even hotter (if that's possible)! With their glowing blue and purple branches, red polyps and blazing yellow tipped corallites, you seriously can't go wrong with this Acropora. Place this Acro medium-low or about 200 par for best growth and coloration. Now, to really speed up the growth rate of Acropora, target feed them by squirting a small amount of excellent quality SPS frozen food once or twice per week via a large syringe. Best results will be found when you place your recirculation pumps on feeding mode so that the polyps can "catch" the small particles of food floating by. If you don't have a feeding mode, set a timer as you do not want to forget to turn your pumps back on as that would be really, really bad.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BC Bubble Bath Unicorn Acropora

1704745166447.png

2.5" x 2" WYSIWYG and fully aquacultured by WWC! Another Classic Acro, albeit this piece wasn't originally discovered by us here at WWC, Battle Corals has farmed a super unique Acropora here and it is here to stay! We've been growing out this Acro from a one inch frag in our 1500 gallon reef for a little over 4 years now. This Acro can be a little particular to get looking the way it does in this photo, but once you've got it dialed in, watch out as the coloration is insane as is it's growth rate! Place this Acro about mid way or around 250 par for best growth and coloration. To really speed up the growth rate of Acropora, target feed them by squirting a small amount of excellent quality SPS frozen food once or twice per week via a large syringe. Best results will be found when you place your recirculation pumps on feeding mode so that the polyps can "catch" the small particles of food floating by. If you don't have a feeding mode, set a timer as you do not want to forget to turn your pumps back on as that would be really, really bad.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC Pantera Rosa Acropora

1704911521652.png

1.5" x .75" WYSIWYG and fully aquacultured by WWC! This is one absolutely killer Acro! It's stunning and can be spotted from a mile away! The super hot pink just sizzles! I pretty much start drooling when I stare at it, and let me tell you that is hard to do after all these years of reefing! The WWC Pantera Rosa Acropora originally started in our 500 gallon at our OBT store around 8 years ago, so this is aboslutely a proven Acro. No crop shoppin going on in this house! Place this Acro around medium-high or about 300 par for best growth and coloration. Now, to really speed up the growth rate of Acropora, target feed them by squirting a small amount of excellent quality SPS frozen food once or twice per week via a large syringe. Best results will be found when you place your recirculation pumps on feeding mode so that the polyps can "catch" the small particles of food floating by. If you don't have a feeding mode, set a timer as you do not want to forget to turn your pumps back on as that would be really, really bad.

Mr. Acantho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is Friday looking forward to seeing what new Vic Picks are on the website to add to my sandbed. We got ~6 more spots left!!

Attachments

• 20240112_115944.jpg
    20240112_115944.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240112_115938.jpg
    20240112_115938.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240112_115931.jpg
    20240112_115931.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 55

Mr. Acantho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Berry & Creams Indophyllia looks pretty, but I'll hold out for another week. I like a color that's cooler than white.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC Hollywood Nights Goniopora Coral

1705707427186.png

1.5" WYSIWYG and fully aquacultured by WWC! This is probably the hottest Goniopora in our collection. It is INCREDIBLE! It has been growing out at our Winter Park store for around 3 years now and we have just fragged it!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC Diablo Diaseris Coral

1707249648030.png

1.5" WYSIWYG and fully aquacultured by WWC! Our Diablo Hot sauce is screaming hot, but this Diaseris plate is even hotter! It's quite possibly the most screaming red of any coral! I mean it is RED!!! Oh and it's grafted too, as it will gain streaks of purple, green and gold as it grows outward! A must have for any rare LPS collector! Diaseris Plate Corals have their feeding tentacles out most of the time, so feeding them is relatively easy. The trick with feeding them is to hold a piece of meaty food in place with a pair of tweezers until the Plate Coral grabs a hold of the food with their tentacles. In regards to placement and flow, place them on the sand and in an area of low to low-medium flow.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back