Zetlight QMaven II Horizon Aqua control issues

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Zetlight QMaven II and controlling it with the Horizon Aqua app for two years. I powered down everything to take the tank lids off and give them a good cleaning. After startup again I cannot connect to the lighting system. I can connect to the QMaven wifi signal with my phone but cannot access the lights in the Horizon Aqua app, the icon is greyed out. I've tried reinstalling the app, cleaning the network settings from my phone without any luck. Have not gotten much help from the manufacturers. Any suggestions?

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Zetlight QMaven II and controlling it with the Horizon Aqua app for two years. I powered down everything to take the tank lids off and give them a good cleaning. After startup again I cannot connect to the lighting system. I can connect to the QMaven wifi signal with my phone but cannot access the lights in the Horizon Aqua app, the icon is greyed out. I've tried reinstalling the app, cleaning the network settings from my phone without any luck. Have not gotten much help from the manufacturers. Any suggestions?
Try turning off auto connect on your wifi setting on your phone. Then connect to the light. It's been awhile but as I recall while my phone was trying to connect to the zetlight it would connect to my wifi router instead. Also I think the password for the zetlight was 1234567.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try turning off auto connect on your wifi setting on your phone. Then connect to the light. It's been awhile but as I recall while my phone was trying to connect to the zetlight it would connect to my wifi router instead. Also I think the password for the zetlight was 1234567.
Thanks for the advice. I have done that with no success. I can connect to the controller WiFi. Password is 00000000 btw. The LED icon on the app is greyed out and I can’t figure out why. I got a Illinois phone number to try tomorrow.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get it to work so I ordered a new controller for $35 from mingllc.com. Hoked it up and connected right away.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure,

Here's the website:

I've attached a pic of the controller. There is a second generation of QMaven II which has a different controller, the A200 which will NOT work with the first generation QMaven II light.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 109

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back