Zoa Lover Introduction . . .

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran across something similar on another forum, and thought it would be a good addition to the zoa forum here.

I've noticed a lot of new members who are posting here in the zoa forum, and I've realized that I don't know much about them. All of us play a very important roll in keeping this forum alive by posting questions and concerns, as well as by posting up information. So if you're an active member of the zoa forum here on R2R, it would be great if you could take just a minute to introduce yourselves. Tell us about your system and what you have thus far. The people here are very giving and always willing to help. Sharing with us who you are and some background info on your reef will mean an awful lot.

Wy Renegade

Hello, my name is:

I've been a reefing for:
or
I just started reefing:

My current system is a:

with a:

and the following lighting:

with:

and:

I joined R2R for:

and to learn:

as well as to share my:

Looking forward to sharing with and learning from all of you.

I didn't want to wait until something was wrong before speaking up so I thought I'd introduce myself.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start . . .
Hello, my name is: Randy (aka Wy. Renegade)

I've been keeping reef tanks since 1992, and prior to that was keeping freshwater and fish only with bleached corals ;)

My current systems consist of a 65 gal reef-ready mixed reef with a 20gal high sump; lighting consists of a 6 bulb t5HO by TEK. I also have a 20gal High reef with 4 bulbs of t5HO lighting, and a 20gal Long with 4 bulbs of t5HO.

Additionally, I'm working on putting together a multi tank system that will have a Hawaiian theme and be dominated by various PE type zoas.

I joined R2R in 2009 for the opportunity to share about my reef and to learn as much as I could from Club Zoa. I've been around every since sharing and learning.

Looking forward to sharing with and learning from all of you.

Last edited:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll play...
Hello, my name is: Scott (aka swannyson7)

I've been reefing since 2002, and have kept saltwater fish since 1999

My current systems consist of a 180 gal reef-ready mixed reef with a 55 gallon sump and an attached 16"x16"x8" propagation tank. For lighting on the DT I use three 150 watt ReefFiltration LED fixtures and a 468 watt T5 fixture using a mix of Blue+. Purple+, Actinic 03, and 10k bulbs. Over my propagation tank, I use a 12 diode DIY setup from ReefLEDLights with 6 royal blue and 6 white Cree XR-Es.

For filtration/nutrient export I use an Octopus Extreme 200, upgraded to a Bubble Blaster BBY3000 pump along with a refugium, EcoBak pellets, GFO, and Carbon. I dose 2 part for Ca & alk on dosing pumps, top off with a kalk reactor, and manually dose AA & Magnesium.

I joined R2R in Jan 2010 after learning about the site from my friend and will never go back to the "other forums." This is truly the best reefing site out there and look forward to learning and sharing my experiences for years to come.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks Scott for sharing and for playing along. Sounds like you have a pretty cool system set up and you do lots of maintenance as well. Look forward to sharing and learning from you in the years to come.

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially saying Hello! lol. Never did when I first joined and just recently started posted after lurking for a year or so...

Hello, my name is: Josh (aka Jcrsreef)

I've been a reefing for: on and off for about 10 yrs, studying for 15yrs how to maintain one.

My current system is a: 100g rimless (mixed reef for now) and a 65g (Z&P with a few LPS lit with a 4 bulb TEK)
100g was built by miracles and I love it. Check out my homepage to see everything else

and the following lighting: Hamilton Cayman 150 pendants (pheonix bulbs) and Icecap ballast. Thats it. Only 300 watts of MH's

I joined R2R for: more knowledge and after attending a MI swap a few years ago. I'm also getting tired of another site. R2R feels more like home!

and to learn: from everyone what to do what not to do

as well as to share my: experiences (I'm not saying knowledge lol)

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Brandon I've been reefing for about two and half years.

My current system is a reef ready150 tall with a 35 gallon sump. I use a reef octopus extreme 250 protein skimmer.

My lighting is 2 250 icecap reflectors and ballasts, and 4 54 w t5.

I joined r2r for information from more experienced reefers, meet people with similar interests, and help others when warranted.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Chris

I've been a reefing for: 15 yrs since 1996

My current system is a: 120g

with a: 40g sump and 12g frag tank attached to it. Reef Octopus NW150 modded to the hilt, MP40 and MP20, Koralia 1050, 850gph Koralia knock off.

and the following lighting: 6 bulb T5 Retro, 2x Stunner Strips.

I joined R2R for: To help others out and learn new things myself.

as well as to share my: Knowledge of giant Clams.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Jesse

I've been a reefing since 2002

My current systems are a 90 gallon reef and a 120 gallon FOWLR.

I joined ClubZoa back in 2006 because it was the coolest website on the net and it was completely dedicated to zoanthids! I joined to share my love of zoanthids and share my knowledge of corals and fish. Now it's still the coolest but it has morphed into the best all around reefing website on the net.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh and Brandon welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. Chris and Jesse thank you both for sharing some information about yourselves. Anybody else want to introduce themselves?

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never posted on the meet and greet forum when I first started participating in the forum.... might as well do it know:bigsmile:!

My name is Ricardo, I've been reefing for about 5 years...and will probably be for much longer!

My current system is a:
46 gallon bowfront, with 34" custom sump, skimmer is a reef octopus super xp-1000sss, 1 Vortech mp10(thinking about a 2nd) & an Aqua Euro Ca Reactor; my Lighting consits of 4 t5 + Reefbrite 16Led strip... and I also have a 55g FOWLR tank with 4 t5 that I also use for quarantine and stuff that I no longer like lol!

I joined R2R:
With intentions of learning & sharing knowledge as well as experiences about our delicate ecosystems.... and to be able to ask those specific questions that always come up as time goes by about one's own setup...also to be able to talk with people who actually have an interest in what I think about many hours of the day and last but not least to be able to trade some corals and save the wallet!:tongue:
I should add... this is an amazing forum and I have been real happy with it's structure, maintenance & members...so thank you all and Happy Reefing!!

slkotara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Sherry
I have been a reefer about 3.5 yrs
My current system is a custom built 83 gal 48x20x20 with a 30gal refuge. I run an euroreef skimmer.
I have an external overflow 1 of very few tank have and was custom.
I joined this club to hear and meet other that collect rare or hard to get zoas and palys. I had common when I first started. but now I have started at the top of the and am working myself down I have a goal of having and raising awesome zoas and palys not for the money but just because I love this hobby.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricardo welcome aboard, great to see all you guys from PR that are signing up here lately. Look forward to seeing some more of that info on our delicate ecosystems.

Sherry welcome aboard, sounds like you have an awesome goal and loooonnng road ahead of you LOL ;)

slkotara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I total have dived in head first in this hobby now I look forward to growing and keeping the best for my zoa and paly in my garden.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Way

I've been a reefing for: more than 15 years

My current system is a: 50 gal mix reef system

with a: 20 gal sump, MP20 and skimmerless

and the following lighting: Maristar 2 250 W14K Phoenix w/ 2 T-5 actinic bulbs

I joined R2R for: knowledge and to share my experiences in reefing.

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Kevin

I've been a reefing for: 15 years

My current system(s) are:

A) 84g Display / 45g Sump / Full LED - 48 Cree White & 48 Cree Blue / Full ReefKeeper Control / SWC Skimmer

B) 120g Prop System / 50g Sump / Lit by 250w Phoenix 14ks / Full reefkeeper Control / ASM Skimmer

I joined R2R for: Joined back in 2008 to become a sponsor.

and to learn: Something new everyday.

as well as to share my: Failures and experiences.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Marvin

I've been a reefing for: 7-8 years

My current system is a: 110g mixed reef

with a: 30g'ish sump

and the following lighting: T5 lighting

I joined R2R for: an invitation for a trade that we were disallowed to do at another site (it's how this site was started!)

and to learn: anything about reefing

as well as to share my: experiences throughout my journey in reefing

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Kevin

I've been a reefing since: 1992

My current system is a: 24g mainly zoas

and the following lighting: 4x24" T5 lighting

I joined R2R for:It looked like an up and coming forum and it turned out to be

and to learn: anything and everything Reef

as well as to share my: Keep up to Date with all the new eye candy

Last edited:

kron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Thomas (aka Kron)

I've been a reefing for:
5 years

My current system is a:
92g Corner Bowfront, Crammed with LR, DSB, 5+ Rose anenomies (and counting) and tons of Zoas.
Skimmer:
Aqua-c ev120
Lighting:
250w DE MH (20k Ushio), 2x24in t5 Actinics (true 420) and a couple blue lunar lights.

I joined R2R for:
Zoa discussion...

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marvin and Kevin thanks for sharing your information - good to learn some of the basics about some of the older members. For those of you who haven't seen them, Marvin has a awesome thread on his tank, and Kevin posts lots of eye candy pictures in the zoa eye candy thread.

Thomas, welcome aboard. Glad you have you here and looking forward to your participation in the zoa discussions.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is: Tabasco1 aka Amber

I've been a reefing since: FOWLR 91-95 & 97-02, In the process of setting up my first reef system

My current system is a: 45g mixed reef, 20 custom sump (in process of customizing) that will add about 12g additional water and include about a 5g refugium, Aqua-C 120 protein skimmer

and the following lighting: 150w 14k MH Viper, 130 PC (forget the model but has actinic bulb & daylight and 1w LED moonlight

I joined R2R for: Learn as much info about setting up a reef, also seems like on this site there is less drama or policing and more constructive feedback. Hope it can stays that way.

and to learn: anything and everything Reef

as well as to share my: anything I can, which ain't a WHOLE lot right now, soon I after I learn it all I will be sure to share. ;)

In addition, this thread was super cool in that I learned a bit of background about how/why this site was created. That was super cool information to learn. MAYBE a history of R2R sticky should be started.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 96 80.7%
  • Other.

Back