Zoecon

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m wanting to try adding zoecon to my foods to help stop/heal some potential minor HLLE. The problem is, I can’t find it anywhere to buy. Did they discontinue it? If so, what’s the next best option?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m wanting to try adding zoecon to my foods to help stop/heal some potential minor HLLE. The problem is, I can’t find it anywhere to buy. Did they discontinue it? If so, what’s the next best option?
This is good as is Selcon and even vita chem

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a side note - as a component of my HLLE research, I was not able to stop or reverse it with adding either vitamins or HUFA products. In minor cases, stopping carbon or moving the fish to a new tank can help, but in most cases, the scars are permanent.

OP
OP
College_Reefer

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a side note - as a component of my HLLE research, I was not able to stop or reverse it with adding either vitamins or HUFA products. In minor cases, stopping carbon or moving the fish to a new tank can help, but in most cases, the scars are permanent.
Understood! As long as the fish are happy and healthy, the scars I can live with. I don't run carbon so that wasn't a factor, I moved them from their original tank and redid the rockwork, etc. as a direct transfer so that is all new, I purchased a grounding probe even though all the equipment is relatively new (just to remove doubt) and now doing Selcon just as a "what could it hurt?" preventative. Potentially stupid question, but can I add the water I soak the food in selcon with back to the tank when feeding? I usually mix it all together with a bit of tank water and then broadcast feed it all. I only use like two drops per night when feeding, is that good to add for everything or is that not advisable?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood! As long as the fish are happy and healthy, the scars I can live with. I don't run carbon so that wasn't a factor, I moved them from their original tank and redid the rockwork, etc. as a direct transfer so that is all new, I purchased a grounding probe even though all the equipment is relatively new (just to remove doubt) and now doing Selcon just as a "what could it hurt?" preventative. Potentially stupid question, but can I add the water I soak the food in selcon with back to the tank when feeding? I usually mix it all together with a bit of tank water and then broadcast feed it all. I only use like two drops per night when feeding, is that good to add for everything or is that not advisable?
No - don’t add water with selcon in it back into the tank. The fish can’t access it from the water, so all you are doing is feeding heterotrophic bacteria.

OP
OP
College_Reefer

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - don’t add water with selcon in it back into the tank. The fish can’t access it from the water, so all you are doing is feeding heterotrophic bacteria.
I think I may have made that confusing. I put a little bit of tank water, all the food to thaw, and the selcon and mix it all together and let it sit to soak and then I dump it all in the tank. Are you saying I shouldn’t dump any of that water in and just filter the food back out to put it in? If that’s what you took from it and I misunderstood your comment, I apologize!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have made that confusing. I put a little bit of tank water, all the food to thaw, and the selcon and mix it all together and let it sit to soak and then I dump it all in the tank. Are you saying I shouldn’t dump any of that water in and just filter the food back out to put it in? If that’s what you took from it and I misunderstood your comment, I apologize!
I’d pour off the excess water, then add the food. It just helps to limit nutrient loading when you do that.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back