AliExpress A8SE Reef Light

FelipeCarv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This last pacth messed up with my lights. Anyone know how to reset them? The manual said something about turning them on and off for 3 seconds/3 times.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This last pacth messed up with my lights. Anyone know how to reset them? The manual said something about turning them on and off for 3 seconds/3 times.
Its in the manual somewhere. I forgot the procedure, but I THINK its something like pressing and hold power button while plug in the light...or just press and holding it till you see the status lights flash

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the high intensity lens kit from Ecotech and measured the par numbers again without adjusting the intensity of my light and Im happy to say it significantly bumped up the par numbers. I dialed back the light to ~60% output (60 blue, 30 whites) and it gave a nice rounded 300-350 par in the middle of the tank and 200+ near the bottom.
1716989312815.png

1716989341788.png

Nightwatch-Swe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. So ive been playing with my X30 blues now for some weeks and the "only" problem was some random drop of my settings, never the same light in a row, but always minimum 1 light during 24h period. Long story short, i started to monitor them on my router and found that during some release of the group key rotation, some of the light took much longer time to connect again. this light failed to go back to what i thought was saved settings. So i just played a little with the router and removed rotation time, they havnt failed yet ( almost 1 week). So this might be also a solution for others if your lights drop out of synq, i also reported this back to the seller and asked the tech team to simulate the problem. Remember, this was a solution for me and my router (mesh) setup with Asus, but i thought i just let you guys know in case you experience simular problems.

Im on version 2.1.1

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. So ive been playing with my X30 blues now for some weeks and the "only" problem was some random drop of my settings, never the same light in a row, but always minimum 1 light during 24h period. Long story short, i started to monitor them on my router and found that during some release of the group key rotation, some of the light took much longer time to connect again. this light failed to go back to what i thought was saved settings. So i just played a little with the router and removed rotation time, they havnt failed yet ( almost 1 week). So this might be also a solution for others if your lights drop out of synq, i also reported this back to the seller and asked the tech team to simulate the problem. Remember, this was a solution for me and my router (mesh) setup with Asus, but i thought i just let you guys know in case you experience simular problems.

Im on version 2.1.1
What do you mean drop off your settings?

I have an issue where if my light is linked together in the same group, the setting will be sent to the light A, but light B in the same group would have a wildly different setting. The same thing happens if I adjust and sends the setting to Light B, Light A will have a different setting. Wonder if this "group key rotation" have anything to do with it.

Nightwatch-Swe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean drop off your settings?

I have an issue where if my light is linked together in the same group, the setting will be sent to the light A, but light B in the same group would have a wildly different setting. The same thing happens if I adjust and sends the setting to Light B, Light A will have a different setting. Wonder if this "group key rotation" have anything to do with it.
Hello, its like you describe, it falls back to some of my other ”test” settings from playing around, but this is less the problem. My biggest issue is that it falls of UTC. Looks its going back to some factory default time (+8 and im on +2) so i get a tank thats lights on (well not fully) 24/7. Now that i found a setting i like, ill erase all but this save and see what happens when i set router back to 3600 sec ( just to test this also).

So far i say this is some amazing lights for this price, i can take this small issues and fix them on the way, the geek inside is actually enjoying it .

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, its like you describe, it falls back to some of my other ”test” settings from playing around, but this is less the problem. My biggest issue is that it falls of UTC. Looks its going back to some factory default time (+8 and im on +2) so i get a tank thats lights on (well not fully) 24/7. Now that i found a setting i like, ill erase all but this save and see what happens when i set router back to 3600 sec ( just to test this also).

So far i say this is some amazing lights for this price, i can take this small issues and fix them on the way, the geek inside is actually enjoying it .
I had the same issues that started a while back on its own one day in regards to the UTC and I couldn't get mine to stay at -4 which I need all of a sudden, but it kept defaulting back to the +8 as well. finally i had enough so I reset the lights and unplugged them for 30 sec each and reprogrammed back my settings and saved. Since then i haven't had an issue and its been a few weeks now.

I agree great light and the app has its kinks but nothing that can't be fixed with minimal effort. IMHO

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back