Desperately looking for history on a lost relic named “Bizzaro Zoa”

aqquabubbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this Zoa is called a bizzaro Zoa. I know it might look like others but, it has micro polyps, and weirdly enough likes to grow through coralline algae. Thought the coralline algae thing was important, but unless thats normal for zoas?

The colony I got my frag from looked like it was composed of a bunch of tube worms, but the tubes were coralline algae. At the end of each tube there was a Zoa of yellow and pinkish coloration popping out like a feather duster would. I’ve had it in my system for about a year and no growth so far. I was told it was brought into Colorado, by a guy who owned a reef shop around the early 2000’s who caught it wild. So far from what I know he closed his shop and all the bizzaro’s he sold died out, except for the shop I found mine at.

If anybody knows about this Zoa it would be cool to hear about it, I’ve searched high and low and came up with blanks. None the less in person it’s got the truest yellow I’ve ever seen. Sorry the picture is bad, can’t get a good one.

IMG_0122.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back