Getting Scoly to feed during the day.

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
Anyone got any tips for Scoly to feed during the day or at least not past midnight? I got new Scoly. So far no problems. My only issue is feeding late. These guys won’t open up until much past lights out. My light if off by 8, but these guys doesn’t open up for feeding until past midnight.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
Anyone got any tips for Scoly to feed during the day or at least not past midnight? I got new Scoly. So far no problems. My only issue is feeding late. These guys won’t open up until much past lights out. My light if off by 8, but these guys doesn’t open up for feeding until past midnight.
When you feed your fish do you get any feeding response?

I sometimes add a bit of gonipower powder food to the food for the fish because it really gets the corals attention (or any powdered food).

You can also just drop a little food on it before it shows its tentacles they will get it to respond

Do you feed everyday?

If I did that I’d be broke!

Time lapse of me feeding my scoly during the day

OP
OP
M

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you feed your fish do you get any feeding response?

I sometimes add a bit of gonipower powder food to the food for the fish because it really gets the corals attention (or any powdered food).

You can also just drop a little food on it before it shows its tentacles they will get it to respond

Do you feed everyday?

If I did that I’d be broke!

Time lapse of me feeding my scoly during the day

Wow that’s good lookin Scoly. Nope mine shows little to no responds when I drop any food on em. Pretty much nothing gets them open during the day. Maybe it’s the flow? Been using roid but maybe I should switch to pellets.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s good lookin Scoly. Nope mine shows little to no responds when I drop any food on em. Pretty much nothing gets them open during the day. Maybe it’s the flow? Been using roid but maybe I should switch to pellets.
I turn off the flow when I feed corals.
I only feed meat to them (except my gonis)

Try feeding mysis shrimp

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back