Hats off Tunze for a great product

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took out my oldest wavemaker today, dont remember the model but its an old generation tunze with an old power supply and a weird black round plastic thing. I had it in my tank since 2007 and never even changed an impeller for it believe it or not.
Few years back I took it out due to the ugly holder and pump size xompared to the newer Turbelles pukpa and magnetic holder but continued to use it In one of the frag tanks till it just stopped working possibly due to the loose cable on the power supply. Sending to an electronics shop hoping they can fix it and who knows it might run for another 10 years :)
Screenshot_20240508_052529_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240508_052549_Gallery.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment, we pride ourselves in doing something old fashioned, making things that last and can be repaired. Even today while there are some compromises for more compact electronics, we make a product that will last much longer than our competitors. While electronics always have a finite life, and this pump has definitely lasted as long as we would expect. If it is any help, the transformer is a torroidal coil with 2 "hot" leads and one common, the brown wire is 19V AC and likely if the technician can repair the connection and the driver board is OK it will work.

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.
It indeed out performed my expectations and many other pumps.
Will see if it can be fixed, hoping it can as it would be fun to get few more years of such an old pump.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back