OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pre-formed putty frag holes blew my mind, this opens up a whole new world.. Does everyone know about this!?
I wasn’t even sure if I’d be able to do it. But after pressing a ball of the mortar where I wanted it -to fill a rather large hole- I was like “I wonder….” And the plug came out easily leaving behind the hole..

I may try to make a “flowerpot” for one of my gonis tonight…..

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pre-formed putty frag holes blew my mind, this opens up a whole new world.. Does everyone know about this!?
So this morning, I tried to take the same frag plug just a clean one and stick it in those preformed holes. FYI they’re shrinkage so if anyone else tries to do that, make sure you kind of wiggle plug around and make a whole little bit bigger so that way they get straight I’m thinking I can take Drill and just hand drill out that little bit so that way all the frag plugs will fit there anyway don’t forget about the shrinkage

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do that on my Aragocrete rocks I make as well.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So this morning, I tried to take the same frag plug just a clean one and stick it in those preformed holes. FYI they’re shrinkage so if anyone else tries to do that, make sure you kind of wiggle plug around and make a whole little bit bigger so that way they get straight I’m thinking I can take Drill and just hand drill out that little bit so that way all the frag plugs will fit there anyway don’t forget about the shrinkage
I use wooden dowels slightly oversized. Give it a couple of decent wiggles and twists.

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back