Red cap monti stung

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this red cap that I have had for maybe 4 months growing phenomenally but I have this anemone that has been stinging it for quite some time but when I finally got around to caring for my tank again after college the red cap is stung to all hell will it recover?
image.jpg

OP
OP
B

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was away at college but towards the end I upgraded my tank heavily with new lighting whole new tank and what not so it’s pretty much fresh and this is them after 1 day in the new tank

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say probably. Mine seems to always heal. I was cleaning my tank and a lot of salt chunks dropped in the tank and onto my monti causing it to bleach in those areas and it was fine 2 weeks later

OP
OP
B

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say probably. Mine seems to always heal. I was cleaning my tank and a lot of salt chunks dropped in the tank and onto my monti causing it to bleach in those areas and it was fine 2 weeks later
Alrighty thanks it already looks like it was healing but my family claim they didn’t notice any changes happening until I got home

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty thanks it already looks like it was healing but my family claim they didn’t notice any changes happening until I got home
Yes I was very stressed as it is the centerpiece of my tank. A 1 inch by 1 inch frag turned into almost a foot by 1 foot colony. I have accidentally broken it many times too and it always seems fine

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do yall think would be the best way to move this anemone off the rock and onto the other rocks in this tank?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do yall think would be the best way to move this anemone off the rock and onto the other rocks in this tank?
Can you move the rock temporarily or turn it backwards then the nem will probably leave its spot for another area?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back