Some of my Acro Collection

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first order of v3. How do you all recommend mixing i am going to start slow as my nitrate is already 10 and worry about bottoming things out. I have a mod stocked 310
Gallon tank. Thank!
I mix mine in about a cup of tank water for about 10 mins. Then pour the cup in at night. Keep some bottled nitrate and po4 on hand just in case. Test and test more until you get a feel for its effects to your tank nutrients.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mix mine in about a cup of tank water for about 10 mins. Then pour the cup in at night. Keep some bottled nitrate and po4 on hand just in case. Test and test more until you get a feel for its effects to your tank nutrients.
I would also recommend you increase your overall feed input to the system, overtime you will see how much more efficient your system is at processing food and nutrients

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also recommend you increase your overall feed input to the system, overtime you will see how much more efficient your system is at processing food and nutrients
Thank you! my plan is to increase fish feeding I have a lot of fish that would always enjoy more food. I was also gonna add my regular feed of 1ml oyster feast and 1ml rothifeast to the V3 unless the V3 is enough alone?

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here we go just gonna leave some info here...dosing my first dose tonight. Nitrate 10 phosphate 0.166.

Thank is running very well right now I have one specoisa that has been struggling from day one about 2 months now. Mixed reef but mostly sps. Running Trace via monthly iCP tests. ICP is solid iron a smidge low on iron but corrected this past week on new batch of trace master solution dosed every 2 hours.

only dosing 1/4 tesapoon weekly to start.... maybe twice will be testing phos and nitrate daily along with big via trident. ALk is tested 3 times a day.

solution smells like the ocean! here we go

Alazo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one tried this?
JMO but it's so much easier and cost effective to just buy it straight from Allan. Specially if you decide that the concoction is not for you, you only spent $40 instead of possibly a few hundred for some bottles that you may never use again.

My experience so far; I've used it 4 times in the last month or so. I do not get the crazy pe and filaments that I see here. However, my sps do not have much daytime pe so maybe it will take some more feedings with the concoction. As well, my tank could be considered lightly stocked (until my frags grow up). I do have some larger lps and a fairly big stylophora and monti. I have vermitid and aptasia which I'm sure really like the concoction so I am monitoring these.

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO but it's so much easier and cost effective to just buy it straight from Allan. Specially if you decide that the concoction is not for you, you only spent $40 instead of possibly a few hundred for some bottles that you may never use again.

My experience so far; I've used it 4 times in the last month or so. I do not get the crazy pe and filaments that I see here. However, my sps do not have much daytime pe so maybe it will take some more feedings with the concoction. As well, my tank could be considered lightly stocked (until my frags grow up). I do have some larger lps and a fairly big stylophora and monti. I have vermitid and aptasia which I'm sure really like the concoction so I am monitoring these.
I would but I’m in the uk, unless he can export it.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank

Heres 1 month, 2 weeks apart. Ive always had issues with burnt tips, and wirey growth, but good growth. I do believe the nutritional benefit from the concotion ia directly related to resolving the former. This isnt the only piece responding this way, but likely the most dramatic. My buddy is also reporting positive results on your v3.

May 1 - Present
1000034663.jpg
4/27
1000033061.jpg

5/11
1000034088.jpg

5/27
1000035625.jpg

Last edited:

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feed a homemade version (posted previously) daily. I dont get a crazy response from all corals. Sometimes i get a good response sometimes minimal. The benefits are visually observable across most of my pieces regardless of the response.

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started V3 a few days ago and just thought I would drop a bit of info. It has only been one dose so not much to report but thought I post a few pics cause I did notice this am a bit more extension on some pieces especially the tips.... it could just be tank has been stable but still worth noting. My one meat coral has been very happy now that I think about it:).

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started V3 a few days ago and just thought I would drop a bit of info. It has only been one dose so not much to report but thought I post a few pics cause I did notice this am a bit more extension on some pieces especially the tips.... it could just be tank has been stable but still worth noting. My one meat coral has been very happy now that I think about it:).

Attachments

• IMG_3276.jpeg
    IMG_3276.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3269.jpeg
    IMG_3269.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3307.jpeg
    IMG_3307.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3305.jpeg
    IMG_3305.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 16

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back