Time to get rid of my rsk600

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea 425 G2 which I currently have the RSK600 Skimmer which just doesnt pick up any skim. I have tried endlessly to tune but never good enough. By mate has a deltec which skims pure black liquid which hs convinced me to change my skimmer. I was looking at the reef octopus series but not sure which one to go for. I am looking for something that has intake for co2 scrubber and also anti over flow built in.

What do you guys recommend?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reefocto int 250 for my 180g tank. It was ok. I switched to a bashsea skimmer and the difference is night and day. The bashsea skims way more consistent and is way easier to tune. I ended up selling the reefocto and getting a lifereef skimmer for my frag system. Again the lifereef is a single water pump driven skimmer similar to the bashsea, where I just adjust the pump to get the skimmate I want once the water level is set.

Whatever you go with, just make it a dc pump driven skimmer. I have found that it is way easier to adjust the dc pump than try to to deal with the gate valve or wedge pipe on skimmers. You could even get the dc version of the pump in the rsk and it would probably function much better.

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the conversion kit to the DC pump.and still the same

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back