howdy Chattanooga!

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im just droppin in to say hello... ive seen a few of ya peekin in over at MTRC... but i dont know ya very well... so i thought id change that...

im mel... nice to meet ya! ive been to chattanooga a few times... went to the "aquarium" and was really looking forward to the reef section... overall it was really nice... unfortunately i got there about an hour before it closed... so i had to rush... but i hope to get back... maybe you guys can schedule a trip there and host some of us... (hint hint..)

:)

looking forward to meeting you all...

-mel

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to meet you as well. And if you want to see a reef section head tithe atl aquarium. Theirs is a whole
Lot bigger!

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you kiddin... ? the 55g at the chattanooga is AWESOME!!

just kidding of course... i was hoping for more... but the jellies and the other tanks... MORE than made up for it...

it would have helped im sure if i wasnt sprinting thru trying to see everything in an hour... :)

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chattanooga reefers! I'm following Mel over to say hello. I'm new to reefs and new to salt, but always wanted to do it. I heard Gatlinburg has a nice display too is that true ? Does anyone know?

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, Jim here always good to hear from fellow refers. Where in Gatlinburg might there be a reef display, any one know?

AND what does every one think about a reef tank tour? Could do road trips to near by towns & spend maybe an hour at a house & then go to another. Good idea or just a logistical nightmare?

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ripley Aquarium of the Smokies Welcome
I was there in the area years ago but figured since it was Ripley's it'd be all plastic displays and odd stuff so didnt go in. But there are pictures on a freshwater club forum I belonged to before I went salt, and the pictures look great:
Message Board - Gatlinburg Aquarium
of course I haven't been to any, saving the Shedd Aquarium years ago so I don't know what to compare it to. I remember the Shedd was great, and had a 3 story tank, but that's where it ends. Was in my early 20s, and that's been let's just say a WHILE! LOL

Last edited:

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an idea, but what about a joint meeting? We could do "club business" in two seperate rooms for the first 10-15 minutes then come together for food and geek'n out over reef talk. the Aug MTRC meeting is at my place in manchester (exit 105 off I24) about 1 hr from chatty and nashville. to b clear......i do not have authority to offer a joint meeting. i am just throwing out the idea.

-bart

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bart - If y'all do that could an alien from south of the border come as a guest? I have a green card!

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gatlinburg ripleys aquarium has a really nice reef tank, I go everytime we are in gatlinburg just to see it and the massive saltwater system with all the tangs.
Chattanoogas aquarium reef tank is fairly new and not to impressive. They actually met with several of us chattanooga reef club members before they started there reef to get ideas, Needless to say they blew us off and thought they knew better! Jokes on them, It shows now who was right! LOL!

A joint meeting would be fun. We need something to put alittle spring back in our steps in our local club.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back