I think I stole this 93G Cube

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank I'm loving my new 93. One in a 93 isn't much I have two 10s and a wp25 in mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MP10 number 2 is on the way, now for skimmers... Im thinking of the CAD Lights TIA 1220 protein skimmer.

Supposed to be very quiet, and skim like a champ with over all consistant bubbles. I have a bubble blaster HY2000S pump out of a Reef Octopus SRO 2000int that i bought but sadly arrived snapped (i got my money back and the got to keep the pump :p ) for water changes. JDJ ATO system with a 5 gallon bucket running with kalkwasser. Im going to get a GFO reactor (not sure what one yet) and yesterday i finished up the sump by putting the baffels in for the bubble trap and the wall up for the "in chamber" so i can have a nice sized fuge with some decent flow.

My questions on the next step is... What do you all think on getting the CAD Lights TIA 1220 protein skimmer and what do you think setup wise for a gfo reactor (if you think i need it or not) looking for all advice

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little mock up scape setup

What do you all think?

IMG_20131005_162752.jpg

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Muahahahaha ive moved in, and filled the tank up about half way last night. Dropped the LR in and let it ciruclate a little. Let the build BEGIN!

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we goooooo sand and rock are in. Used 2.5mm reef flakes so its a litttleee hazy

Attachments

• 20131120_174231.jpg
    20131120_174231.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for some reason its sideways and it wont let me edit the picture but i can edit the text...

Heres a clearer pic after 12 hrs
tank.jpg

GrandeGixxer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is half inch glass be careful with the MP10's. They are not rated for half inch but they will work. I dropped mine down from the top rim and had the wire supported with a zip tie at the top of the tank so that if the wet and dry side separate, ithe dry side didn't fall to the ground.

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its gonna look like my tank, also paid 400 for it......weird... mine came with everything. old pic but you get the idea.

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my question is... One mp10 or 2 mp10s? I will be keeping mostly lps and a few sps for now

i think your going in the wrong direction with the tank. You should have asked how many wp25/wp40's should you get. Also with the light that reef radiance puts out and the price plus growing ability of sps how are you not get that?

also what are you going to be growing? if sps lose the sand....

take my suggestions with a grain of salt but i have what looks to be exactly what you are trying to build.

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the sand is in, lol and im dead set on the sand cause, theres def no going back. I def feel i will need to get an mp40 one day but we'll see. If anything i"ll keep the mp10s and toss in an wp25 later on.

But yea toruing, our tanks look very similar indeed. Mines in a corner so i tried to build 2 scapes in one. The lagoon/trench on one side and a wall look on the other. The reef breeder is really an SPS light i know that, but im just lacking experience with SPS however my monti cap is growing like crazy. Over and an inch of growth in the last 2 months.

As for the MP10s not fitting several people including my LFS that has the same tank say its fine.

Im thinking at most 3-4 sps pieces, but everything else is gunna be softies/lps dominated.

Hardest part for me is going to be pump placement

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so its been a few days now and ive got the system fully functioning. Sump is setup, return and overflow is plumed, no micro bubbles that I can see. Skimmers already picking up gunk (best skimmer ive had hands down). The only think I really have left that requires a lot of work is hanging the light.

Currently heres what the scape looks like.

Just a re-cap on whats been done so far, The rock has been curing and seeding for the last 4 months (3ish oustide tank in tubs, about 2 weeks in tank)
Sand is 100lbs of live sand making about 2.5 inch sand bed
Skimmer is a CAD lights TIA-1220 (broken in and quieter than my return)
Only 1 of the MP10s is setup
Apex hardware is setup under sump

There isnt a CUC yet, i havent tested for amonia in a while but, diatom blooms started and slowed way down.
Coraline algae exploded in the tank, ive never seen so much growth so quickly before

Enough talk, all you guys want to see is pics... :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Tossed in a mushroom to see how it will work
Mushroom.jpg

After 12 hrs shroom looks good, but thats not saying much.

Let me know your input, theres moreeee to come

And the apex.... I havent set that up yet minus getting it setup on my network, its something i know nothing about to get setup and will need to research the hell outta before I can really attempt to try it.

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex is up and running, after a lot of swearing and pacing/throwing things. (yea it was kinda that bad)

Next up to do is setup a probe float. Im planning on using coard bark (cork board).

Plan is to drill out holes in the board to slip the probes in so about 3/4 of it is submerged. Then with a small wire, im going to attatch it to the top of the sump, when the pump turns off the water level rises about 1/4 inch. I just dont want it to float too far away.

Should make the probes act like they are in a little life jacket and keep them at the same depth at all times.

Pics to follow.

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update

Added:
A couple designer zoos (cant remember the name)
Galaxia (about the size of a baseball)
2 Picasso clowns
1 small CBB

Pics to follow

OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a picture for everyone lol

Coming soon is a massive frogspawn colony. Pics of that coming soon

FTS 2-14.jpg

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking VERY nice! :)

Just one suggestion: that monti cap, I would place lower in the tank nearer to the sand because once it gets happy that thing will grow like crazy and overshadow everything else.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back