multi switch power rack

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who uses one? What kind do you use? And how much have you benefitted from using it as a means for cord management?

MLSL-11510-STACKED.jpg

*Generic Google photo

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've used several different brands of them.
Usually the cheapest I can find using google.
I don't think I've ever seen the ones with 10 switches. All the ones I've seen have 8.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen a 10 outlet one. I have an 8 outlet. I think the biggest advantage to me is when feeding or if I need to turn my ato off.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe dang. I can't remember where I got it, but I have a 8 outlet one with switches right next to the plug. Makes for ease of turning off certain pieces a snap. Just label them and you are good

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have one, but it's on the list. LOL been on the list for a while… Seem super handy for things we turn off on a regular basis. Return pump, ATO, skimmer, what not.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have them at Guitar Center for $30 as well, that's where I got mine.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two of them, both purchased on Amazon. Made a "wire management" box and everything is run to this box and basically hidden from sight. The other end has a hinged door for access (three sided access due to peninsula). The switches work great and provide great controllability. Each component individually or a sweep down all switches and everything is off! Here's a quick cell phone picture of the setup. This is covered by a panel on my stand held by the magnet you see.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have one, but it's on the list. LOL been on the list for a while… Seem super handy for things we turn off on a regular basis. Return pump, ATO, skimmer, what not.

I'm always unplugging things and having to replug. It's a wonder I haven't electrocuted myself or burnt down the house with plugs getting wet out of not paying attention to where they've landed and such. :wink:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use them on all three of my tanks. Like mentioned above, I can't even imagine not having them. Easy to turn off pumps, lights in the stand, ATO - anything. You can also find them with 4 outlets, if you need to have them in different locations, without having to run wires from everywhere to one strip.

DSC03155_zpsbe7d34dc.jpg

Back