Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who makes the best in your opinion?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only magnetic frag racks I have used are the eshopps corner frag rack and a magnetic frag station from the alternative reef. I personally thought the magnets on the eshopps were too weak and I have heard stories of water getting to the magnets and rusting them out. I absolutely love the frag station I got from alternative reef. The magnets are extremely strong, the build quality is awesome and it looks much better than a normal frag rack in my opinion. I will more than likely be picking up another in the near future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen those but the are always really large, my tank is 203, do you know is they make smaller ones?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag-A-rack used to be one of the nicest ones IMO. Bevelled edges and available with an extra magnet but can't seem to get them anymore. Great thread! Im looking for a couple that will be strong enough through 3/4in glass.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out captain salty's. I had a rack from them for a while not all fancy but it never rusted like the eshopps I had. Also and to be honest the best ones I've come across are the ones I made with a magfloat. I have used eggcrate and acrylic and if you take your time and cut to form around the float they are far better then any you can buy.

nazzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a site on ebay that sells small racks that have really strong magnet s for 15 bucks with free shipping

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these and I love it. I bought it so I could fit more coral in my tank:) In fact, I just ordered a second one last week. It can certainly just be used as a frag rack as well. The one I have has like 10 holes I think? Looks much nicer than a piece of plastic in my opinion.

Magnetic Shelf Rock - Ceramic - Fragtastic Reef

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott and the Alternate Reef for sure. Way better than the eggcrate or acrylic versions if this is in your main tank. Scott will make you anything you want too.
The Alternative Reef

go thru the threads on his forum great stuff.

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought direct from gooch@ Alternative reef. Magnetic frag station/reef shelf

benzc01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go on ebay and type in pure flow extra powerful n52 magnetic frag rack, i have 3/4 glass and i swear the things can hold over 5 pounds, strongest frag rack I've tried by a mile, i have all the ones listed above and this one blows them out of the water

Rasengan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackrock Reef hands down the best magnetic frag racks i've owned...they use neodymium magnets, come in 3 sizes and 2 colors, and just look awesome in the tank...i'm not sure if they still produce them, however

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackrock Reef hands down the best magnetic frag racks i've owned...they use neodymium magnets, come in 3 sizes and 2 colors, and just look awesome in the tank...i'm not sure if they still produce them, however
Just emailed them...got an email back in 5 minutes lol they are still making them.

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you like having a plastic unnatural frag rack in your tank then blackrock is excellent. However The Alternative Reef racks are the best. its not really possible compare the two. I would highly recommend the alternative reef. I have 5 of them in my tank and they look extremely natural and add to the tank. I think the plastic ones take away.

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just ordered two more from them. The best I have used. +1

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like having a plastic unnatural frag rack in your tank then blackrock is excellent. However The Alternative Reef racks are the best. its not really possible compare the two. I would highly recommend the alternative reef. I have 5 of them in my tank and they look extremely natural and add to the tank. I think the plastic ones take away.
I really like the ones her makes but the are always much too big, does he make nano ones?

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like the ones her makes but the are always much too big, does he make nano ones?
He will custom make whatever you want i'm sure. they do have 3 size mag mounts and the small is pretty small

I wouldn't use any other rack in a tank. They add to the tank as to where the plastic ones take away IMO

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back