DIY screen top?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tangboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tangboy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
570
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! If/When I get fish in my 40g breeder I need to have some sort of top on the tank to keep cats out and fish in. I have a 250W 14k phoenix pendant and was told to not use glass as too much light gets reflected off the glass.

What do you use for mesh with MH?

What do you create a frame out of?

How do you attach the mesh to the frame?

Thanks in advance!
 
You can also buy from BulkReefSupply as well. I did an order from both and they sell the exact same mesh. Acroholic told me he'd cut a few inches extra on each side for his orders, but it was like 1/2 inch longer at the max. It was rough installing it, but it worked, so I never complained. :)
 
If I can't get any mesh from my LFS, I will PM Dave. Thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate it!
 
Good luck, post up pictures when you get it. Here is the one I made, I made mine with acrylic bar:

2011-01-23_17-12-50_968.jpg


2011-01-23_17-12-19_704.jpg
 
Does it allow enough light through Cee? Have you found it working pretty good?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new