Hello! New to R2R

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,

I am relatively new to saltwater tanks. I am going on 2 months w/ my first ever fish tank. It's a 29G standard with about 33 lbs of rock and a SSB. I currently only have 9 snails and 2 occ clowns. I am taking it slow but will eventually add, probably just 2 more fish, and eventually some LPS/Softies. I have learned a lot the last few months (on other forums) and have recently found R2R. I joined because, after viewing from a distance, I realize how informative a lot of the people are here and how beneficial it would be for me to be a part of the conversation.

I have attached a recent image of the tank and look forward to being a part of this community. View attachment 2013-03-30 13.20.48.jpg

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are updating the Site, and are having issues with adding photos.
welcome_zps10928ec6.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We are working out this bug hopefully by today. Thanks.

OP
OP
howaboutme

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for the pict.

tank-shot.jpg

It works!

This is the latest full tank shot. The plan is to upgrade the lights w/ Evergrow's LED once my local clubs GB happens. Otherwise, I'm taking it slow with other fish and coral research.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Nice looking tank you got there!

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya

OP
OP
howaboutme

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first corals!

2013-04-07195940.jpg

In shot, there is a GSP, 2 Ric's, a Monti, Xenia and Frogspawn. All frags are from a fellow reef club member and received for free. I'm a happy camper.

By the way, how do I insert a link into my signature? It says it's not allowed. I'd like to link this page and continue to use this thread w/ updated pictures. Thanks!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2Reef! Stay long, post often and let's see some more pictures of your tanks!

I see you have eggcrate as a top for your tank. This will diffuse the light a little lowering your PAR values. Check into the screen top kit that Bulk Reef Supply sells. It is an easy DIY screen top which will have no effect on the light into the tank.

OP
OP
howaboutme

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2Reef! Stay long, post often and let's see some more pictures of your tanks!

I see you have eggcrate as a top for your tank. This will diffuse the light a little lowering your PAR values. Check into the screen top kit that Bulk Reef Supply sells. It is an easy DIY screen top which will have no effect on the light into the tank.

Thanks! Yes, I agree and know that the egg crate will diffuse the light. I was going w/ the screen but because I currently have a sumpless system w/ an hob skimmer, the screen would have too many turns and short runs. This will make it less stable and look bad. Because of that, I chose to do the egg crate until I do my future build w/ a sump. I'll have to keep an eye on anything that needs light and adjust accordingly.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 125 48.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back