Our first tank

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is our 75g, 20g sump, HOB overflow, Arctic T-247 lights. We acquired the tank and stand from a family member ridding of their freshwater tank, painted it, built the canopy, and are trying to fill it up!

Thank you for looking!

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, yes, no tang police please. LOL when we got her she was only like 2". She is probably closer to 3" now. I plan on finding her a new home when she gets too big. But we HAAAAD to get a Dory, said the kids.. So, I'm a sucker.

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed up the scape a couple weeks ago, liking this MUCH better. More swimming room, and more mounting spaces for corals.

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pics of the scape and fish, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I'm not a photographer LOL

All 5 fish in 1 shot, we've lost a couple recently to jumping :(
The wrasse and goby R.I.P.

Here's the 2 Extreme Picasso's we won in the WWC raffle last week. SO beautiful! As soon as I can get my DT healthy, they will be joining the rest of the family, hopefully no fights with 4 clowns. We'll see.

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And since I haven't yet shared my corals with yall, here they are. We buy most of them small so we can watch them grow and save money, so they're all still babies.
My Ultra Orange Yuma

An older pic of my red acans, before we got rid of a ton of this algae you see

Our toxic green hammer

GSP

Our green paly's that we nursed to health from 1 little brown polyp given to us when we started

Pink birdsnest

Dendro

Frogspawn we got last week

The toadstool gettin' fat and happy

Pavona

Kryptonite Trumpets

Cherry Blastos

Orange Monti Cap that's starting to bump up

Darth Maul and 2 minions coming up

Soul Glo palys

Buttons

Egg Yolks

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Picasso Clowns lasted a few months before the other 2 started beating up on them. They were guarding the cave/hole so they couldn't come out, and beat them up if they tried to eat [emoji22] so we moved the 2 bully clowns/pair to a smaller tank by themselves. Let them go do their thing alone, and the other 2 can own the DT. I was so hopeful they would all get along! It was going so good for a while

arashsheikhpoor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to add a seconf pair of clowns, The ones I have are pretty calm so if i'm lucky it will work.. my tank is the same size as yours btw and I love your rock work.

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to add a seconf pair of clowns, The ones I have are pretty calm so if i'm lucky it will work.. my tank is the same size as yours btw and I love your rock work.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!
Let me say this, (and I'm sure there are plenty of more experienced people with more opinions) but from a first time clown gatherer [emoji13] and what I've been told from my LFS, if they are already bonded it will make it harder for them to get along with the new ones. Not impossible, just less likely. Here's my story: we bought 2 orange fancy clowns together, they might have been a pair, not sure, but the one that we assumed was female committed suicide after a couple months so we replaced her with a black fancy which was smaller than the Orange one left. They were always together, always in the top corner of my tank, we saw the black shuddering a few times but nothing that said "HEY, we're dating now!" So we didn't know if they bonded or not. So, I added the Picasso pair and there were a couple days of squabbles but after that both pairs just stuck to their own corners. Totally fine. The Picasso's started exploring not too long ago, the others started following them, like stalking, then beat up on them, then holed them up in that crack so they couldn't come out. I think that sometime between me adding the new ones and now, the Orange and black bonded ( and grew) and got all snotty about their space. Well, we'll see how they like isolation [emoji4]
So..... To make a long story short, if they are bonded I would just be careful, and watchful, and ask others their experiences, but no one but your own clowns are going to really know how they're gonna act, so you don't know until you try.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good! Well on your way.

Most will say not to mix or have more then one pair of clowns. I have always stuck to that rule as well...but I am about to break it. Seems more likely if each pair has its own place or spot in the tank and the tank is big enough for them. 75 may be a bit small for multiple pairs.

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good! Well on your way.

Most will say not to mix or have more then one pair of clowns. I have always stuck to that rule as well...but I am about to break it. Seems more likely if each pair has its own place or spot in the tank and the tank is big enough for them. 75 may be a bit small for multiple pairs.

Go ahead, join the rebel club [emoji4] I really thought they would be fine because they NEVER left their opposite corners except to eat and run back really fast, that or wait till the food floated to them, hehe. It might have been different with more space. Or different clowns. Who knows. Good luck with your venture!

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I looked at the hobby bug fixtures, but went with something a bit different, how do you like them?

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I must have misread the type of lights. I researched the ones you have as well. How do you like them?

OP
OP
Brinkfish312

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them overall. Wouldn't be my first choice, but financially we had to make it work. It has the 2 channels, 1 blue, 1white/full spec, and a changeable intensity range for each. There's a timer for each channel, which is nice, but you only get 1. That's my main frustration with them. Ch 1: you get time on, time off. That's it. Same with ch 2. You can't set them to go off and come back on again later then go off for the night, so we have them overlapped. Which I guess is fine really, but it would be nice to see the white and only the white sometimes [emoji4] I think they're discontinued though, so they might be cheaper now, we paid $200 each which from what I've seen since doing this is pretty cheap! But our stuff grows! Maybe not as fast as some would prefer, but it's growing.

Back