Our 62 Gallon AIO Lagoon Build

bgray98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my all in one when I had it! You’ll be very pleased with it! Looks like you’re doing things in the right steps! Lookin good!

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly we’re not really too sure right now. We like the look of torches and hammers, and we’re thinking about a gsp island (where that small pile of rock is in the pictures). Any thoughts?
I think euphylia like torches and hammer would be sweet. I have one in my tank and almost wish I had gone more towards those as opposed to zoas and acros like I have gone. The movement is missing in mine.

MrsBlennyHana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my all in one when I had it! You’ll be very pleased with it! Looks like you’re doing things in the right steps! Lookin good!
We went back and forth between AIO and a sump setup but we found this tank at our LFS for a good price, and we were having trouble figuring out drilling a basic tank since a lot of production is fully tempered glass right now (not just the bottom). I’m glad you had a good experience with an AIO!

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly we’re not really too sure right now. We like the look of torches and hammers, and we’re thinking about a gsp island (where that small pile of rock is in the pictures). Any thoughts?

Love the rock scape! Torches and hammers are awesome; GSP is really cool too, I've got mine so it will grow up the back wall.

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO/DI is set up. Our cabinet is a hair short for the unit to sit along the sidewall but not a huge deal.

Attachments

• IMG_6596.png
    IMG_6596.png
    555.9 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big thing happening in the blennyhana house! We finished up the homemade cabinet and got it all in place. Tried to emulate a more modern looking reef cabinet

Attachments

• IMG_6608.jpeg
    IMG_6608.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So minor setback. We noticed that the ends of the tank seemed to be raised up which caused some concern regarding filling it up and having uneven weight across the bottom cause a crack. At first we thought our stand was not totally flat but upon placing the tank up on our countertop which is definitely flat and doublechecking with a 4foot level used as a straight edge. The ends of the tank are definitely elevated. It seems like all the pressure is in the center. So I’m concerned that once filled the center portion of the tank is going to be at an increased risk for a stress crack. We sent a message to Planet Aquariums so hopefully they get us some answers. Anyone else ever run into this? Photos below.
IMG_6646.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, still no update on the defective tank. We ended up removing the self leveling mat thinking that was the issue, but no, the bottom panel of the tank was glued with a curve. Both ends of the tank are flat where the side glass and bottom meet up, but in the middle where the bottom panel is glued to the front and back glass, there is a noticeable “lip.” This is causing all the weight to sit on the middle of the bottom glass panel with both ends raised up. Unfortunately, our LFS has been unhelpful. We tried to simply exchange the tank but were told that we had to go through the manufacturer to do so. So we emailed Planet Aquariums and sent a Facebook message (which was opened) a week ago and have heard nothing. Confidence is fading quickly lol

Attachments

• IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6675.jpeg
    IMG_6675.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6676.jpeg
    IMG_6676.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6671.jpeg
    IMG_6671.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6672.jpeg
    IMG_6672.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 40

Daasmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I sent an them email after getting my tank asking a question about their return bulkheads and never heard back. Which doesn't bode well for future issues.

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I sent a them email after getting my tank asking a question about their return bulkheads and never heard back. Which doesn't bode well for future issues.
Ouch! Don’t love hearing that. I’m honestly disappointed in my LFS. I think it’s kinda crazy that they won’t simply exchange the tank out and are making me have to do all the legwork with the manufacturer who isn’t even responding.

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch! Don’t love hearing that. I’m honestly disappointed in my LFS. I think it’s kinda crazy that they won’t simply exchange the tank out and are making me have to do all the legwork with the manufacturer who isn’t even responding.
You may try this number 817-640-8209

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may try this number 817-640-8209
Will keep this in mind. I did end up getting a reply after sending a new email. It appears they agree that the tank is defective. Hopefully everything gets sorted out and we can actually getting started. We have everything ready to go, just need a new tank.

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after several weeks of headache. We finally have started the cycle in a new tank!

I would caution anyone reading this in the future against Planet Aquariums. We have received essentially ZERO support from them even after they admitted we had a defective tank. Despite multiple emails and even Facebook messages we have basically been ghosted by Planet Aquariums. Even our LFS could not get them to return a call or email. Luckily for us our LFS exchanged the tank out. I certainly hope we don’t have any future issues.

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting at Day 5 of the cycle. We added an ATO. Went with the Tunze Osmolator 3. Also added loc line returns with the RFG nozzles. Next up will be lighting. Currently planning on 2 Noopsyche K7 V3’s in a floating canopy that we’ll build. We want to do a floating canopy as the tank is right in our main sitting area near a TV as well so we are trying to minimize light spill and want something with a modern aesthetic.

Attachments

• IMG_6762.jpeg
    IMG_6762.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 23

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back