BWSR's 40G AIO + DIY Stand

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, got my tank in yesterday and started building the stand then too. Just got done staining and the first urethane coat, been taking progress pics and will upload shortly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 293
OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest

So far:

IM Fusion 40
DIY Stand
Tunze 3152
ViaAqua 300w
Ai Prime w/ Tank Mount (Permanent fix for droopy light = flip the ball mount bracket around)
Ghost Midsize
Jebao RW-8
Aqua-Pak 2.5g
OxyLED Motion Light
Marina Mechanical Themo
Caribsea Arag-Alive Spec Sand 20LBS (will pick up 10-20 more from LFS)

Pics!

I love how the stain turned out, a very sexy ashy ebony, matches our floors nicely. Anybody looking for an IM Fusion 40 stand still in the wrapping from Marine Depot? ;)

The uneven flooring was remedied with strategic layers of felt strips, and should settle nicely once some weight is put on it. I made the top of the stand 1" larger than the tank all around for some flexibility and a layering effect, came out nice. Going to make the door when I find somebody to borrow a router from, and inset some frosted glass :)

Drilled the back wall last night with 4 holes on top, and one on the bottom for the power strip, will post more pics tonight, hoping to pick up saltwater and LR to go with the LS.

OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just after stuff was added:

This morning after things cleared up. That's lava rock in their now; have only read mixed opinions on it's potential to release heavy metals into the water, so I found a different LFS that has cured LR. I want dark jagged rock, and thats hard to find unless it's ultra dense base rock, which is so freakin expensive.

OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the lace/lava rock back and picked up seeded cultured rock instead, probably need a bit more though..

OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Will be making a door with inset frosted glass this weekend, and line the whole thing with sound deadening material - the Tunze 3152 is noisy..

OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

Thanks fellow Raleighite.

Nitrites were at 1 on Saturday, and were up to 3 yesterday, so the cycle is progressing nicely. Tons of LS and real reef rock are truly making this progress so much faster.

OP
OP
B

BWSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrites down to 0 and holding! Nitrates have still not gone up though. The IM 40 came with 2 phosphate filters, so I took those out thinking they are somehow affecting the nitrate levels. We'll see.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Back