It finally arrived. Innovative Marine 75 EXT new build thread.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it finally arrived. From Toronto to Vancouver Island and it made it unbroken. The stand build went well. I sure like the aluminum stand better than the MDF stands I've had in the past. The tank is on and perfectly level. The plumbing is done and has been leak tested. I am already thinking about taking a step backwards and putting in a second return pump. Opinions on that??? I've never had an aquarium with a sump before. There's 60 lbs of Caribsea Liferock sitting here so we can get started on the aquascaping .Not sure It's going to be enough though. I think this is going to be an exercise in patience as this build is going to have to continue as budget and time allow.

Fishtank.jpg fishtank 1.jpg fishtank 2.jpg

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank, love the free space inside with the external overflow. im sure you'll enjoy it as well, quality built tank. second return pump can't hurt but its difficult to get both plumbed given the space inside some sumps. I just have a backup ready to go when the time comes. staying with a budget is definitely a good idea. not hard to get in deep with the cost of equipment and accessories in this hobby. good luck!

MattPLaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty set up! Very clean, I like it!
What type of tank and look are you going for?

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty set up! Very clean, I like it!
What type of tank and look are you going for?
We'll probably stay with FOWLR at first and then get into corals later on. I'm trying to be patient and not hurry through the build but It's tough to walk away now that it's sitting here

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is worth running two pumps. Having a backup is great if you are home to swap them if a problem arises, but I like redundancy in my tanks. You don't have to use the return bulkheads in the sump. You could even use silicone tubing to go from the 2nd pump to one of the returns.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is worth running two pumps. Having a backup is great if you are home to swap them if a problem arises, but I like redundancy in my tanks. You don't have to use the return bulkheads in the sump. You could even use silicone tubing to go from the 2nd pump to one of the returns.
That's exactly what I was thinking . Running one pump to each of the returns with a shut off valve between them

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been working on the aquascape and have been wondering how to know if you have enough rock for proper bio-filtration. The rock in the pictures isn't glued together yet but we think this is what it will look like. Room for quite a few corals I think . Lots of tunnels for fish habitat and flow. There's about 50 lbs of rock. We have 60 lbs of CaribSea special grade sand as well. The cardboard in the pictures is the inside dimensions of the tank

Attachments

• Aquascape #1.jpg
    Aquascape #1.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Aquascape #2.jpg
    Aquascape #2.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Aquascape #3.jpg
    Aquascape #3.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Aquascape #4.jpg
    Aquascape #4.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 26

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascape made it to the tank. I'm waiting for some plumbing parts ( for a second return pump) and it should be ready for sand and water.

Attachments

• Aquascape in tank video.mp4
    17.6 MB

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back