Chameleon's Reef

Sweet Tank!

Looks like a great mixed reef, one day I'll have a maturing growing tank, not just a tank with rock. ;)
 
Sweet Tank!

Looks like a great mixed reef, one day I'll have a maturing growing tank, not just a tank with rock. ;)

Thanks...your tank is looking great too...can't wait for it to be as good and better than your last tank!
 
Been a long while for an update. Now that the Acro devastation issues are over I will post a current pic. Only a few acros survived :(
IMAG1519_zps7dcdc9d5.jpg
 
Thanks yall, sorry I cant get a better photo...I only have a smartphone for a camera = no white balance
 
Update to tank thread: After we recently bought a house I had to move my tank. Currently most of my corals are between a 40 breeder and a some storage containers in the basement. Here is a shot of the new setup after the move. I just got finished placing the rock so the water is a bit cloudy. The new tank is plumbed to the basement where I will eventually tie in the sump to the 40 breeder and use it as a frag tank. Let me know what you think of the scape!

Empty pic:
 
Haha that's quite the upgrade from a gold fish tank!! Congrats it looks Great!!!
 
New Lights! I reused the led build but added 4 ati T5's. These lights really do pack a punch!
 
I need to do a light upgrade like yours!! What color are all those LEDs? Different colors?
 
I need to do a light upgrade like yours!! What color are all those LEDs? Different colors?
they are about 50/50 RB/CW with 2 reds. The UVs burned out over a year ago so none of them anymore
 
Added some corals from the holding tanks! Doing it a few coral at a time:
 
This tank is looking a lot healthier than my last set up. I am not sure why. One of the two acros I added RTNed so I am keeping them in the holding tanks for now. Must have been a parameter change between the two tanks or something
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new