NARC Meeting

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jason and Tammy! I enjoyed meeting everyone as well. Thanks for thinning out my frag rack everyone! Now i can make new ones ;)

Parkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Tammy and Jason for your hospitality! I so enjoyed meeting everyone and being able to put names with faces; now I will know a few people I am talking to. Thanks to Parker for giving me a crash course in photography. Tammy, your tank is awesome.

No problem! Just glad someone brought something up that I actually knew a lot about... Haha.

Also, see... I told people I had a username... Maybe I will actually start using it... lol.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tammy and Jason for hosting today. It was a ton of fun. I really enjoyed getting to talk to everyone and the food was delicious. I am very excited to be in an area that actually has an active reef club and I can't wait until we have our tank settled in well enough to add a few new corals and a fish or two.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would like to thank everyone for coming out and we enjoyed it as well. C ya'll agin real soon.

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Just glad someone brought something up that I actually knew a lot about... Haha.

Also, see... I told people I had a username... Maybe I will actually start using it... lol.

I didn't get to meet you, but I saw your lesson from across the room. I think you mentioned a web site. Could you post it here or PM it to me? My wife has been asking for a digital SLR, and now that I have a reason to use it......

There is so much information out there about reef tank photography, that it would be very helpful for me to just ask some questions of those who've BTDT. But part of my questions are likely to spark a Nikon vs Canon war, so maybe best to take them offline.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should start using you user name and talk to us! Before you know it, we will have you hooked on reef keeping too! Markkazdad, his websiteis ParkerPhotog.com. I don't think I got to meet you. Will be sure to next meeting.

Parkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get to meet you, but I saw your lesson from across the room. I think you mentioned a web site. Could you post it here or PM it to me? My wife has been asking for a digital SLR, and now that I have a reason to use it......

There is so much information out there about reef tank photography, that it would be very helpful for me to just ask some questions of those who've BTDT. But part of my questions are likely to spark a Nikon vs Canon war, so maybe best to take them offline.

As Connie said its ParkerPhotog.com. There isn't any reef photography on there outside of the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. I never feel my tank as though my tank looks as good as I want it to... so I never post pictures that I take of it. But I do know a decent bit about photography in general.

You should start using you user name and talk to us! Before you know it, we will have you hooked on reef keeping too! Markkazdad, his websiteis ParkerPhotog.com. I don't think I got to meet you. Will be sure to next meeting.

I have a tank, I just know its going to be moved soon so it has taken a bit of a back burner. But as with most people, yesterday made me at least want to do more stuff again. So yea, Maybe I will most more... Or at least watch... hah.

Parkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, forgot to tell you this yesterday. Try to keep your camera angle straight when you are taking pictures in a tank. What happens is the higher degree of an angle you have, the more distortion your picture will have, which will cause it to look out of focus or blurry.

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parkerman, maybe at some future meeting, you can show us how to make fantastic fish fotos. Understand, we will need to be able to make them with cell phones and $99 point and shoots.

BTW, your photographs are outstanding.

Parkerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parkerman, maybe at some future meeting, you can show us how to make fantastic fish fotos. Understand, we will need to be able to make them with cell phones and $99 point and shoots.

BTW, your photographs are outstanding.

You joke, but I have gotten some decent shots with my iPhone... Haha.

And thanks, I really appreciate it.

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You joke, but I have gotten some decent shots with my iPhone... Haha.

And thanks, I really appreciate it.

I, too, have gotten the occasional decent shot with my cell phone. Problem is, I could not repeat it to save my soul. When I am successful, I still don't understand why.

GatorBen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the meeting due to my side business but I want to make the next meeting. I just now saw this thread because I have been occupied by my recent projects and documenting them.
Will the next meeting be on this thread?
I'm slowly learning to navigate my way through the forum. This is my first active forum I've been on.
It sounds like everyone had a great time, I should be able to plan ahead and make the next meeting.

WesW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great meeting one at the meeting and thank you Tammy and Jason for hosting! You guys have a great setup.

I'd be happy to host a future meeting at my house. I'm out of town every weekend in September but October is completely free.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are glad everyone had so much fun.I know we did.You never know what you are gona learn or hear when we all get together.The offical count of attendies came to 31 folks.If any one wants to come out any time just give us a call.If we dont answer please leave a message so we can get back with you.
Happy Reefing
Jason,Tammy&Willie

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back