I am a murderer....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gopi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gopi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
419
Reaction score
85
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of vermetid snails. I hate those things. I'm cooking the majority of the rock from my 55 and there are so so many of these snails poking me and cutting my hands. I scar easily, so when it came time for today's dunk, swish, scrub, water change I took a screwdriver to the rocks.

Hundreds of vermetid snails perished. Some of them were pale, perhaps already dead, but off they went. I'm not taking my chances. Some them had grown inch long, soft tubes...off they went. It took me about 2 hours to clear off as many as I could find and I'm glad I did- some of the 'left over' rock that hadn't been used in the reef and had been dry for 2+ years that I'd thrown in to cook had the pest on them now! Off they went. Some rocks got chipped, but I think I made a good dent in the population. Hopefully next week's water change won't be so painful!
 
I feel your pain. I got a good batch of them in my tank and I just smash them with pliers or bone cutters during my weekly maintenance. I did recently pick up a Yellow Coris Wrasse which might possibly eat them. We will see. Good luck on getting rid of those things. They irritate my SPS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new