Can this tank glass be cleaned?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ritter6788
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The glass is etched. I tried straight vinegar soaking for nearly 2 days and it's not coming off, even a little bit. :( The guy I got it from said he's coming to get it and refund my money.
 
Sorry to hear about that, at least the other person is not sticking you with a bad tank :(
 
Dang that sucks. But it sounds like you are dealing with a pretty honest person so thats an upside!
 
That bites, but at least the seller is doing the right thing. :)
 
+ 1 for Cerium Oxide.

It's the only compound known to restore glass to its original clarity. I have used this product before (purchased simply from ebay) and it worked great. -Takes A LOT of elbow grease even with an electric buffer and pad!!

**I hope it works out for you either way!!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new