• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tank/full set up FS in Alabama

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
big price drop! Tank/full set up FS in Alabama

Up for sale to fund and make room for my 220 with basement sump build.
Custom ocea corner pentagon I always thought it was 110 gallons but someone that knows more than me recently told that it was more like 130 so whatever it is a pretty large set up. it is reef ready with overflow in far back corner. the size is 3ft x 3ft on the 2 back sides. the small jut out (pentagon panes) are 14 inches and the front pane is 30 inches. It is 24 inches tall.
It has very nice custom built oak stand and canopy. 42 inch tall stand (dont have to squat to look in) and 15 inch tall canopy. When I was researching what I was going to buy for my new set up I had 2 quotes for furniture similar to this. 1 was 1,400 and 1 was 1800. for only the stand and canopy.

This is what I plan to include. (might be willing to cut a deal if somone just wants tank stand and canopy)
Tall glass sump (large enough for filter socks, internal skimmer, pumps for extras such as phos reactor, small refuge area, etc.)
Brand new just replaced titanium T-4 external return pump with all plumbing for discharge and return.
A 400 watt metal halide setup with a 2 month old 20k XM (this tank has been runing for 2 years with just this light-I used to run 2 400`s which was overkill)
An excellent old school top fathom protien skimmer with a mag 12.
At least one power head (koralia or modded maxi)
I originally was not going to include any livestock but after further consideration I am considering including 50 or so pounds of the live rock which will inevitably contain zoas,shrooms,leathers. etc.

This is a very nice high end setup. It is used so there are dings and scratches but overall it is in very nice shape. No junk.
I am pretty firm at 1,500 for everything. I think for a nearly plug and play of this caliber it is a smokin deal. All you would want to do is add some more rock and livestock over time and maybe some supplement lighting (I had been looking at LED strips)

This tank is up and running so it will take a little time and planning. I have an 18 year old son so you bring a friend and we can load this baby on your trailer or truck.

NEW PRICES....1,200.00 COMPLETE RUNNING SETUP (ALSO THROW IN JBJ ATO,PUMP,BUCKET)
1,000.00 TANK,STAND,CANOPY,SUMP AND EXTERNAL RETURN PUMP. ONLY

DSC00299.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add....no parting. If someone just takes tank and furniture I will keep all equipment. Thanks

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my big ugly butt beside tank for size reference (I am 5`11`` and about 220)

DSC00300.jpg

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this one in person, It is a really great set up, would really look awsome at home or a nice office, Terry is a really great guy to deal with as well.

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Pell City Alabama which is east of B`ham and west of Atlanta.
Thanks Terry

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for asking but I am not parting. I would include it with the system if need be but will need to keep it otherwise.

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok...I am going to bump it up. I know my set-up is a deal at what I am asking and 3 or 4 years ago it would have been gone right away. These are different times. I am going to have to knock off triple digits just so you can afford a fill up to come get it. 1,200. as listed 1,000. tank and furniture.

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure would like this to go to a new home in the next 2 or 3 weeks....not gonna find another nicer this cheap. I mean a grand for this dude is GREAT! BUMP!

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a bump to keep it on the front page. Bring me a grand and i will sell...tank...stand...canopy...sump....new external return pump...plumbing...a 400 watt metal halide setup...a protien skimmer...an auto top off set up. Most everything you need for a beautiful custom set up...

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. This tank is down and in my basement. $750.00
Tank...stand...canopy....sump....return pump....400 watt metal halide setup....protien skimmer. maybe a few other odd and end goodies. $750.00

OP
OP
R

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks herefishy....yes at 750. this is a great set for the money. The right person just hasnt seen it yet.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 46 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back