Picasso's and SnowFlakes clownfish club...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
15,680
Reaction score
304
Location
The "D"
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, here's a dedicated thread to talk about your Picasso's and SnowFlakes clownfish... pls post pics of your Picasso's and/or SnowFlakes and any other info you want to share with the community...

my Picasso's are newly added to my tank so I'll take some pics when I can... :)

Thanks and let's have fun with this thread... :D
 
I just picked up a single picasso today from a local reefer friend. The mate had died so I got this one for $65. I put it in the tank today and it went straight to the ORA stumpy clowns and they are all swimming together. I will be adding to more picassos come Tuesday.

Uber excited!
 
how many Picasso's can you have in one tank? I'm setting up a 28g nano just for them and I don't really plan on breeding... just want to have a nice group of them... :)

I wonder if they'll host a Tyree neon green toadstool? if not, I wanna get a yellow or blue carpet anemone... :)
 
but I need to figure out what these new guys want to eat first before going any further with this new obsession... LoLz...
 
how many Picasso's can you have in one tank? I'm setting up a 28g nano just for them and I don't really plan on breeding... just want to have a nice group of them... :)

I wonder if they'll host a Tyree neon green toadstool? if not, I wanna get a yellow or blue carpet anemone... :)

I have a 14" tall tyree toad that is Huge and my clowns don't even look at it. I was always hoping they would host it.
 
Last edited:
I got a line on a few pairs....hopefully the will go through all the ones I have found are dependent on part outs so I have to wait and see.

I do have someone offering B grade Picasso's but I'm gonna wait out for the A grades.
 
how many Picasso's can you have in one tank? I'm setting up a 28g nano just for them and I don't really plan on breeding... just want to have a nice group of them... :)

I wonder if they'll host a Tyree neon green toadstool? if not, I wanna get a yellow or blue carpet anemone... :)


2 is the most you'll be able to handle, you can start off with 3 but 2 will pair up and attack and either cause severe damage to the other clown or it will die depending on how fast you notice it being attacked.
 
I have seen 4 in one tank...

I am going to put 3 together and see which ones pair up then remove the other to a new tank. :)

I am still looking for a 4th...
 
Nice pick up rev, thats a great price cant wait to see pics
 
My new picasso swims up to me like we were best friends already. Its swimming with the other clowns and eating like mad! :)
 
Well fine then!!

Took a pic of the one I got today. It is still coloring as it is young but here is the left and right side. Pics are a little grainy but i didnt have the settings correct on the camera..


picasso7_27_08.jpg


picassoo7_27_08.jpg
 
Here is a pic from the vendor of the ones I am getting Tuesday.

pair2.jpg
 
very nice Rev... looks like you have the HI islands on one side of your new Picasso's.. ;)
 
Yes extremely nice pair rev, the picassos have always been eye-catching to me because every fish had different amounts of white color and striping, would love to see more pictures everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new