• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

thecoralfarmer aka mrcoral aka bryan

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a shipment of 7 corals tuesday morning. Packaging was good. No invoice or name on my corals so I can tell which is which. Big minus for me. Most of the corals came in in decent shape. After a day and some hours in my tank, 2 frags hasn't opened and one started coming apart like this. As you can see, the craftsman ship is amazing. I am speechless.

Attachments

• 20140716_154336.jpg
    20140716_154336.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 429
  • 20140716_154339.jpg
    20140716_154339.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 20140716_154344.jpg
    20140716_154344.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 430
OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one of the frags appear to have a substance on the outside of the polyp, looks like super glue, another baby polyp on the fragseems to be unaffected

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you send Byran the pics? He will take care of you on any issue with those 2 frags. I do see the polyp that look to me about open on the side. You might want to give it a day to open. Send me over your EBay screen name and I will have Bryan get back to you. What do you mean about falling apart the rock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not sent them over to him. I've read some bad reviews on this vendor. I do not want to go with back and fourth stuff. I dont care for store credit for my next purchase. Unless new frags can be shipped out at your expense, I dont want to waste time

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For us to help you. You need to send pics. What is wrong with that frag can I ask? It was suppose to be 1-2 Polyps looks like you have 2 polyps that look fine to me. Send me a PM so I can go over your concerns. Are you saying the rock that there on is breaking?

OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the overall craftsmanship of this frag disc shows it all. looks like it was freshly cut and glued on 2-3 days prior to shipment with no time to heal. the picture showed above looks like it was not properly glued onto the disc and for some reason it was splitting at the coral base. I took a little glue and glued it back. I have another frag that looks like it has too much glue! one of the larger polyps are unable to open, I can clearly see white substance over the polyp, there is another polyp on the same disc, it is free from the substance and seems to be looking just fine, although very tiny.

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the overall craftsmanship of this frag disc shows it all. looks like it was freshly cut and glued on 2-3 days prior to shipment with no time to heal. the picture showed above looks like it was not properly glued onto the disc and for some reason it was splitting at the coral base. I took a little glue and glued it back. I have another frag that looks like it has too much glue! one of the larger polyps are unable to open, I can clearly see white substance over the polyp, there is another polyp on the same disc, it is free from the substance and seems to be looking just fine, although very tiny.

The frag you showed the polyps were never touched just the rock was cut and glued. Not sure what you mean on Craftsmanship you have to put enough glue so it does not fall off. It really looks to mean that these polyps are fine and almost look somewhat open in your hands!!! Again, send Bryan a message and he can go over it with you and help you out.

OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
craftsmanship = the skill involved in making something beautiful or practical using your hands

l
ooks like no time were given gluing these frags together. the polyps are somewhat open because I took it out and snapped these pics within 10 seconds upon noticing a half loose floating coral. I have no fish/inverts in my tank where this disc was housed, unless something cut it up in its triple bag while shipping, or maybe I must've just riped it in half when I received it so I can have something to post and cry about, NO, no one wants to waste time or their hard earned money. I can clearly see that the person who cared for this coral before me, doesnt really care about it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand. What are you saying is wrong with the frag? You got 2 polyps and they are opening on 1-2 head frag!!!! If you grab these and took a pic and they are somewhat open that is a great sign. What are you saying is wrong just the glue? Do you want us to give you a call I'm not getting this.

OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what i am saying about the polyps is that it is not properly secured onto the frag disc. there is a clear indent, looks like it was torn in that area or severed somehow, 100% impossible in my fishless/invertless frag tank where this frag was kept after receving. what I am saying is that for something I nearly paid $20-30 per 1-2 polyps, what I got looks like it was worth $5 with about 5 mins total time and gluing the coral to the disc. After researching what $20-30 gives me from say another vendor like cherry corals or sexy corals, I will never purchase from "mrcoral" again.

OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ide rather spend my money on a vendor who actual cares about the corals they are selling. take the time to frag a coral, glue it onto a disc and make sure it has time to properly heal and start developing before sending out to a customer. No invoice, No name on my corals, How do I know there wasn't just a random coral thrown in there and called what I paid $25 for. This vendor does not posses professionalism. This seems like a coral chop shop in it to make a quick buck. I have about half a dozen more purchase confessions on "mrcoral" via a facebook group, sad to say, they proved it right.

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I stated in the 1st message all you have to do is send us a message and we will take care of you. Again, I'm not understanding what you are saying seeing that the frag you posted looks to be open and suppose to be 1-2 heads and are 2 that are somewhat open in your hands!!! But again, send Bryan a message or we can call you.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please remember that feedback is for the two parties involved. Outside comments will be removed.

OP
OP
JDMREEF

JDMREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first you told me to give you my ebay screen name and that Bryan would contact me on the matter, then you said I had to contact him. To be honest, this just isn't worth my time to go back and fourth about a $20, fresh cut, still healling frag. no need for contact or a replacement, just going to cut my losses here. have a good day.

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told you to send Bryan the Pics so he can help you out!!! I don't understand it seems this is worth your time going back and fourth on here. All you have to do is send Bryan a message and he would take care of you. If you choose not to I understand. Bryan can give you a call if you like as stated to you also. Not sure what else we can do here.

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer and Seller work it out. Thanks for letting Bryan help you. I'm glad it work out.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back