Classklown's 40B SPS Paradise

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old 30 long was quite and I mean QUITE scratched up so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I'm limited with space so a 40 breeder was perfect for me and my room. I love the dimensions of the tank, especially coming from a foot width.
So I acquired the tank during my stores $1 per gallon sale and purchased a new black stand on the 23rd along with 40 lbs of sand. The process began on 9/23/12

7aregaja.jpg

I modified the plumbing from my old tank to fit on here, though the overflow and return are too close for my liking so I may change this down the line. I hung the lights which was the biggest PIA of the whole move and started filling and throwing the old rock in(not aquascaped) and corals were placed on frag racks.

2eta2yny.jpg

I took this time and removed any hair algae from the rocks as well as mushrooms and zoas that attached randomly
Next came the fish and cuc. They were all out and about within hours. Everyone made the transfer alive.

ju3u2aqe.jpg

3 days later (9/26) I went and bought some more rock from HR. After much research on aquascaping techniques I came up with a design that like very much.

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops..did not realize you could not edit..i apologize.

Here is the scape I am happy with, the rocks are not touching the back or sides though it looks that way in the pics.
The two islands will have only sps and I will continue my zoa garden on the bridge in the bottom connecting them. There will be no LPS/softies with the exception of the one green plate I have and some Acans/Chalice on the sandbed :D

40B040.jpg

40B039.jpg

40B038.jpg

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic 1 is some kind of acropora and pic 2 looks like a miami hurricane chalice

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of the zoas on my most wanted list.

I've seen these around on ebay and stuff. I think they are being called "desert fox".
desert%20fox%20people%20eaters.jpg

love these
purple%20blue%20people%20eaters.jpg

yummy
blue%20green%20people%20eaters.jpg

is anyone drooling yet?
star%20dust%20people%20eaters.jpg

note the ORANGE slit mouth, I MUST HAVE!! i have dubbed the orange slit mouth "mutant eaters"!! hehe :lol:
orange%20mouth%20people%20eater.jpg

PS.....i got first dibs!!!!!

send me a message if you have any of these. i will make you very happy! :wink: :wink:

if you have anything with a green slit mouth, or orange slit mouth, give me a shout and we'll take a looksee :D

Yea I know its an acro looking for a name tho and 2 is def not a hurricane. Its green rimmed then purple bottom then pink middle and green eyes. One of the nicest chalice I've seen. Someone sold it to me as a watermelon but idk

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that my mini cycle has subsided, I'd like to add a new fish..possibly my last. Really like the flasher wrasses but I don't have a top. Looking for fish suggestions here's what I have currently:

Yellow tang
Tomato clown
Royal gramma
Blue stripe pipefish
Starry Blenny

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Kyle. I think it would look better with a nice frag of sunset monti. I think I have a piece laying around. Haha

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Kyle. I think it would look better with a nice frag of sunset monti. I think I have a piece laying around. Haha

Oh shoot I forgot. I think your right though lol. If not before then def at the swap

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back