▶ [Video] TRIDENT vs ALKATRONIC - Automated Water Testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[VIDEO] - Episode 7 - TRIDENT vs ALKATRONIC - Head to Head Comparison

Neptune Systems Apex TRIDENT & Focustronic ALKATRONIC go Head to Head for a Comparison Test. After a few months of use we will talk you through What they do, Setup as a New User, Calibration, Pricing, Testing Times, Reagents, Cost per Test, How much Noise do they Make/How Loud are they. Both units can control your dosing using test results. Both devices are Really Cool and Accurately test your tank's water for what they were designed to test for.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SaltwaterAq you mention using Hanna and Salifert for comparison... I'm curious how often did you do this? Did you find results, for either the Alkatronic or Trident, shifting over time relative to your manual tests?

All other considerations aside, I'm mainly just curious wich product is more accurate/consistent over time.

Thanks.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case people stumble upon this thread via google: There is some incorrect info in the video. (The video is new enough it would probably be better to just pull it off youtube, edit those sections with the correct info in place, and post a new vid.)

9VSIEM9.jpg

sspr7EX.png

XPukMT3.jpg

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back