☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Blue Ghost Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
November entry @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102
Looks like it’s starting to encrust the plug!

IMG_0151.jpeg

EithelSirion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my frag 11/11. Here is a very poor quality phone image taken yesterday with the measuring stick.

IMG_9566.jpeg

Parameters are as follows:
Ca: 525 ppm
Mg: 1260 ppm
Alk: 10.5 dKH
Salinity: 1.027 (36 ppt)
Temp: 76.8-77.2 F
pH range: 8.02-8.19 (7am-10pm)

Alright guys, November is getting ready to wrap up and still missing a few. Please let me know if I missed your post

@StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer
Sorry for not tagging you in the original post. Not sure if i should be posting an update for November or not, but here is 15 days of growth and a second November post. Images are low quality because I couldn't win over my wife to take the pictures so I was multitasking. At least I got some "help" from the cleaner shrimp.
IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_9756.jpg

BG-Nov2023.jpg

I thought I was getting no growth (polyps are as out as they will be with my especially nippy Lamarck Angel) but if you look closely I actually had some growth of the base of the coral on the frag plug. Sort of shocked to see progress when it has looked relatively ticked off by the constant nipping but whatever works I guess.

Parameters today:
Ca 510ppm
Alk: 9.0dKH
Salinity: 1.027sg, 35ppt
pH 8.03-8.25
Temp: 76.9-77.0

And here is the beginning of documentation (day 0 I guess?) for the backup frag in case I lose out on the original frag.
IMG_9752.jpg

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
November entry @StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

It’s absolutely taking off! Basing out and sending out new shoots
IMG_0081.jpeg

November entry @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102
Looks like it’s starting to encrust the plug!

IMG_0151.jpeg

Those all look great! Do you all know what PAR you're keeping the Blue Ghost at?

My first BG frag seems to be recovering (I can barely see the polyps peaking out a fraction of a mm) waaay down on the sand bed @ ~100 PAR with Radion Gen 6 Blues. I have my replacement frag on the frag rack with the other two competition pieces, currently sitting at about ~200 PAR, and it is still (barely) hanging on but no PE yet.

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those all look great! Do you all know what PAR you're keeping the Blue Ghost at?

My first BG frag seems to be recovering (I can barely see the polyps peaking out a fraction of a mm) waaay down on the sand bed @ ~100 PAR with Radion Gen 6 Blues. I have my replacement frag on the frag rack with the other two competition pieces, currently sitting at about ~200 PAR, and it is still (barely) hanging on but no PE yet.
PAR is around 200-250. Will measure tmw when I place it on the rock work.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I don’t actually. It is under Radion G4 at 65% intensity so it’s getting blasted. It’s in my frag tank so it’s also closer to the light. If I were to guess probably in the 300-400 range maybe

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Clarification:

X in my spreadsheets means I have your pic

Note: There should be a total of 13 pictures. Your 0 day plus a November/December (depending on when people receive their replacements) entry.

@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Clarification:

X in my spreadsheets means I have your pic

Note: There should be a total of 13 pictures. Your 0 day plus a November/December (depending on when people receive their replacements) entry.

@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer
Ok, i had mine post, forgot to tag you all, i just edit the post and tagged you all
for my nov picture........

Lee Van Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

~350 par for 4hrs all channels 100% , ~ 250par rest of day with a more ab+ spectrum. Neptune sky, so slightly different from radion

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back