00W's AIO Smorgasbord

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening All.

Been a long weekend, so just saying hi.

New AI Blades in acclimation mode on tank - I mean I knew I was getting interrogated every day and night with my OG lights literally shining in my eyes, but dang!

Woke up yesterday and before I opened my eyes, I thought, “hmm, must be really early still”.

HA - Blades were on, but such a low profile couldn’t even see them. Other then sunrise light within tank. Looking forward to taking pics in 30 days.

Trying to get the Mel wrasse to behave with new blue-side wrasse I added last week. He is being his toddler misbehaving self as usual. Going to put my old MP10 in the back wall and disrupt the other cave flow to distract him tomorrow. LFS suggested. He misses Frankie… he needs a buddy more his size. The blue-side is tiny tiny. Once I move the clowns and nems to a nano tank, might have to get a tang for him. Maybe I’ll get lucky and finally find that chocolate tang. Could never get another orange shoulder in honor of Frankie.

Anyway, that’s my reefing update.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Luv ya all, Jennifer

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love the ocean... a lot.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So since I got a new phone yesterday i lost my list of stocking ideas. Would these guys be okay together?
1000001917.jpg
1000001918.jpg
1000001919.jpg
I'm not sure that is a Zebrasoma in that picture?

The Yellow looks more like an Acanthurus which would potentially not work with the Lavender.

The Lavender OR the Yellow Mimic (I think that's what the picture shows) should be ok to add early as they're generally more peaceful. If it's a Zebrasoma (which the picture is not) then maybe it's ok earlier as well.

@fishguy242 Tomini last in your opinion? I know yours is generally a model citizen...?

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking tangs first then the others?
I've not had any of those specific fish.
I've had many tangs but only housed them with much larger angels, etc.
I have always added my tangs last except this tank now I put my trigger in last.
Good to put the aggressive ones last I think.
Cept my trigger's a big baby. ;)

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good night peeps, my favorite shirt. I always said I would never see my Indians win the World Series and it came true a couple years ago, :crying-face:
23A94828-C9AE-4054-A791-B51FAD0F0BC3.jpeg
Night Kev!
It'll happen one day.
I'm a die hard Padres fan.
Need I say more?

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I have been looking for a little information about salt and I think that Fritz RPM is the one that most closely resembles the parameters that I have in my tank,( The problem is that I don't see it sold anywhere near here, only online) I know that this should not be taken lightly but I am sharing it with you, I also have many questions, right now. I have a dozer with alk, mag, cal and ab+, I dose trace elements once a week too, if I start mixing the water, would I no longer have to use the dozer? Or could I buy a salt with lowest parameters and continue using the dozer? Sorry for so many questions people but I have ZERO knowledge on this

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I have been looking for a little information about salt and I think that Fritz RPM is the one that most closely resembles the parameters that I have in my tank,( The problem is that I don't see it sold anywhere near here, only online) I know that this should not be taken lightly but I am sharing it with you, I also have many questions, right now. I have a dozer with alk, mag, cal and ab+, I dose trace elements once a week too, if I start mixing the water, would I no longer have to use the dozer? Or could I buy a salt with lowest parameters and continue using the dozer? Sorry for so many questions people but I have ZERO knowledge on this
Okay I'll see what I can do here.
This is just my opinion.
In all my years of saltwater fish keeping I have never relied on a salt to do anything but make the water salty.
I don't have anything but softies so probably not the best one to respond on coral requirements but no matter what salt you use you'll have to test and adjust accordingly. Does that make sense?
I don't think one salt will give you everything you need and bam,you're done dosing. You may need to add mag, like Kevin, alk, calcium or whatever. You'll get to know your tank and corals and when/where/what to add.
I use IO as I mentioned.
I switched from red Sea and honestly I can't tell any real difference even though each salt advertises differently on the tub.
My opinion is try a couple if you want then find one and go with that. Be consistent.
Hope that helps (probably not).
I don't explain well.
Keep asking lots of questions.
That's what we're here for Luis :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Another good thing to keep in mind is pick a salt that you can readily obtain.
I can buy IO at my LFS but nothing else.
I also live in Antarctica ;);):upside-down-face:

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back