Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to say about it yet other than this is my first saltwater tank after keeping freshwater for around 20 years or so. It's a 125 gallon with a 50 gallon sump. I'm buying it used and the picture is one of what it looks like currently while it's still set up at my friend's place that I'm buying it from. I plan on doing a mixed reef tank with easy to keep inhabitants.

received_1409272549700808.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are from the USA, I’m from the USA too. Small world neighbor. We could have got together for the Super Bowl. I know how big of a sports fan you are. Maybe next month for March Madness?

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are from the USA, I’m from the USA too. Small world neighbor. We could have got together for the Super Bowl. I know how big of a sports fan you are. Maybe next month for March Madness?
That would be amazing I love hockey and hear March Madness is a big event for it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody else think her first fish should be a tailspot?
Hmmmm, tail spot blenny. I hope this isn’t like insider trading but I heard there is an increasing demand for tailspot blennys and soon they are going to be hard to find and prices are going to skyrocket. I don’t know what is causing this but it was me I would jump on a tailspot as my first fish in a heartbeat.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Foxface, Tailspot, Clowns, Halichoeres Leucoxanthus or Chrysus, Springeri Damsel, Springeri Dottyback, some PJ or Bangaii Cardinalfish, a Neon Goby, a Sharknose or Yellow Lined Goby...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back