Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refresh my memory Amanda, size of tank and existing fish?
Never mind, I see you got your answers on Joel’s thread. Can’t wait to see pictures of the new fish!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
125, right? 3 tangs might be too much. I'd kick one or two tangs off and add a Foxface. If you want a Lawnmower Blenny that's another option I'd look at.

My 125 has 3 PJs, 1 Bangaii, 3 Ocellaris, 1 Starry Blenny, 1 Fiji Foxface, 1 Tomini, 1 H. Leucoxanthus, 1 H. Melanurus, 2 Springeri Damsels... I used to have an H. Garnoti, a Hectors Goby, a Twin Spot Goby, and a Lawnmower Blenny as well. I think that's it? Tank looks emptyish and bioload isn't ridiculous but I have a bunch of coral soaking up nutrients.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only have large sized ones in that kind and I want to start with smaller sized fish to watch them grow.
Dang, I’d leave stocking room for a magnificent down the road. My dream fish!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still want your answer because I haven't had anyone say if I would be fully stocked or have room for more. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Really you would want your opinion to come from someone with experience with a tank that size. My previous tank was under 100g and I have only had experience with one tang, yellow I loved that fish and pygmy angels.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really you would want your opinion to come from someone with experience with a tank that size. My previous tank was under 100g and I have only had experience with one tang, yellow I loved that fish and pygmy angels.
Did you keep coral with the pygmy angels?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you keep coral with the pygmy angels?
I did, back then I didn’t have access to the information we have today. I pretty much relied on Lfs employees information most of which was probably wrong. I can’t remember the term reef safe for fish was used. I can’t remember either specifically killing any of my corals but I wasn’t specifically looking for it. As always over 16 years I lost corals. The fish or did I just get lucky? I’m not a lucky guy.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a positive note the Springeri Damsels are simply stunning! They are way better in real life than in the pictures they have in their website. The tailspot seems to be doing well. The Zebra bar goby is also really neat looking. The firefish is great and the Scissortail is neat looking as well.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are here the lemon Clown Goby didn't make it and I'm not sure if the carpenter wrasse is going to make it he's moving some but mostly laying on his side. I will get pictures tomorrow as I have the lights off right now to let them settle in.
Fingers crossed Amanda!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back