10 Gal Frag tank

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small hang on filter with a sponge in it and Carbon. I am changing 120 oz a day from my sw mixing station so I can keep Alk , Ca ,and Ma stable but I would like to keep some N03 and P04 in the tank with some stability to because all the corals are Zoa's and 2 Ricordia's

nuY4ae4NTUSYX9uYAfKCMQ.jpg

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was not planned and I don't think this will be a permanent set up this all came about because of a Vermetid Snail plague I call it that because it's that bad or was. I have got Rid of one rock completely and have frags to mount on new rocks.

I have some bumblebee snails in to work on the problem and with the manual removal I have done I think I'm making progress I've never done this before hopefully when this is all over with I will have some nice Zoa colonies on clean rocks to go in my main aquarium. These rocks were in that aquarium when I noticed the problem had got so bad.

My new reef aquarium is 2 1/2 Months old and I was just getting ready to put more corals in when I really payed attention and saw that the Vermetid snails were that much of a problem in fact now that I have had the rocks were they are now and cleaned up around one coral it was amazing how you could see that coral get happy for lack of better words.

I know there are more in my 80 Gal so as u can see I have only the one Monti on the rocks so I will take them out and inspect clean and put back in . Hopefully without causing any major swings in my parameters and not stress the Tangs out.

My only other concern is My Refugium that is new but the rocks are infested with the Vermetid snails I plan on taking the few that are in there and doing surgery on them and letting the Bumblebee snails finish them off over time. Do they migrate from the sump?

But back to the frag tank and the Zoa Colonies I just want to do it right so any help questions comments is appreciated

AtO29BWaSjyEtxqusZjp9w.jpg Cj7bg%NCSemyj+triT6NcA.jpg 1BqzWDxFThGB4wCe9WrWjQ.jpg nRml0p9BSFa1jVYWgAZ%cg.jpg %9wGzm21R6iaPMjYYHWPmw.jpg %hK3nrOATfGywlKRO6ZtfA.jpg f6khAXEsTpuCxgJ9Bbp3sA.jpg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2a6b.mp4
    36.7 MB
Back