????????

RezReef82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly 2 weeks ago I picked up a torch, a octo, a frogspawn along with a red fire fish. I did my usual intro drip acclimated the fish a dipped the coral with Revive. I guess I didn’t dip right lol. Ahh well there in there now an it is what it is.
Question I have is should I embrace these freeloaders or should i get on to putting together a plan to try an eradicate them and if not possible at least mitigate there numbers .
Any thoughts ideas, guesses, or questions i
Will def appreciate an explanation

Attachments

• IMG_6052.mov
    55.6 MB

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your video doesn’t work. Can you post a picture or name the pest you are talking about? To post a video you need to upload to youtube and link it or embed. .mov files from your phone don’t work on here unfortunately.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Your video doesn’t work. Can you post a picture or name the pest you are talking about? To post a video you need to upload to youtube and link it or embed. .mov files from your phone don’t work on here unfortunately.

Worked fine for me.

But they are copepods. Not a pest.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh, I guess maybe it only works on a computer? Anyways if they are copepods I agree. Freeloaders… LOL. Not at all.
I noticed iPhone doesn’t play .mov files without an app. Android and computer do.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the videos require a download when they are posted like this. I don’t trust downloading most of them, so I wait until someone tells them to post to YouTube:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:!

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, those are copepods - you can see one pretty clearly near the start of the video, and it's got the typical copepod shape and antennae.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back