125 Stocking Question

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in this new 125 gallon build, I currently have a host of LPS, a few Nems and a pair of Ocellaris clowns. In a separate tank, I have a pair of very aggressive Tomato clowns. I'd like to get them all in the same tank.

My last attempt at putting them together in a 75 gallon resulted in the Tomatoes driving the Ocellaris out of the Nems. I can live with that but then they drove them to the far end of the tank and then up into the corner where the overflow was. Eventually, one of the Ocellaris ended up in the overflow.

So my plan is to add new fish to the 125 and letting everything get established, adding the Tomato clowns last.

Do you think this will help keep the Tomatoes in check?

I plan on adding a Fox Face, Pacific Blue Tang and a Porcupine puffer. Once a 90 day quarantine is completed, I'll move them to the display tank.

I can't imagine the Ocellaris being a problem to these guys, and I can't imagine they would be a problem to the Ocellaris either. It's those Tomato Clowns that worry me.

Feedback?

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. Clownfish are notorious for being jerks. The ocellaris should be fine with those fish - I just can't say about the tomatos after the ocellaris.
Yeah... I'm thinking I will leave Tomatos in a separate tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back