135 tank - complete

getgray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys:

One of your members referred me here to advertise my tank. I've listed it in a couple of places (x's list, auction site), but probably should have listed here first. This would be a great tank for someone getting started, or expanding.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm pasting my original description below:

I have finally decided I have to let my beloved aquarium go. I moved into a new house and we just don't have a place for it anymore. The original space is turned into a home theater and it's just not a good enviroment for my aquarium. I know I have over $5000 invested in this tank. It's designed for minimal maintenance and maximum beauty. It will fit nicely in a living room where it was in my home.

Reply here for other questions, information, or PM for my phone number.

Price listed is $1500, or best offer. Happy to trade for something of similar value (that is smaller :)). I'd like to get it out of the way.

I am a mechanical engineer and former advanced aquarist who specialized in fluid dynamics (including piping design). This aquairum was custom built by me using only the top of the line components in everything. The tank is an Oceananic Brand glass tank, scratch free. I drilled it and installed a custom smoked glass easy to maintain prefilter system. No inexpensive plexiglass dams to leak or scratch. It's filter system also includes only the best Iwaki pumps, genuine German Dupla BioBalls, etc. I have the Oceanic protein skimmer which alone cost over $500. I have a large, expensive set of beautiful artificial coral which is easy to clean and colorful since I had a fish only tank. The lights are VHO flouresent with the Ice[something] electronic ballast. The hood was custom build from brown acrylic. The low stand enhances viewing the fish and was also custom made form a mahogany credenza. The back glass is covered by a nice blue piece of acrylic for aesthetics, it is removable of course. The tank's filter system will keep the tank level automatically, and the surface skimmed. If you come see this tank you will see it is nicer than any commercial tank that you can purchase. The quality of construction and methods used came from years of being an advanced aquarist. When the tank was broken down, my Carribian Queen Angel specimin was donated and used in the well known Chattanooga Tennessee Aquarium's Carribian display. That woudl not have happened had it not been a pristene specimin from someone who knew what they were doing. The tank is broken down right now and I had to dig through old photographs to find one when it was setup so you can see it put together. I have attached that photo, please ignore the wife's guest sitting in front of the tank. What I do not have a photo of is the seperate sump filter which houses the bio balls and the protein skimmer, etc. It is an all glass cube about 18" x 18". It includes a wooden cover which "hides" it like a small table. You can see part of that filter in the photo, sitting to the right of the tank. I have everything. I mean high end test kits, water changing supplies, genuine Phillipine Crushed coral (real coral from a beach, not crushed junk coral from FL quarries). It is all included with the sale. I want no seller remorse so I'm letting it all go.

Photo:

AquariumSm.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back