• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

150 pounds of Fiji dry rock, 125 gallon system and 75 gallon system - $400 -Atlanta

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am located in Atlanta, 30329, near Emory university. For the tanks, bring at least two strong people and your own van/truck. There are no stairs but at least 30 feet of walking. Cash is preferred, if using Venmo I may need to verify your identity.

$400 - Approximately 150 pounds of premium Fiji dry rock

It has been “cooked” for a couple of months and then power washed and left to dry. It is not 100% clean, but it’s not too bad. You would need to cook it again in saltwater if going into an active system.

Years ago I bought 125lb of Aqua Maxx Premium Fiji dry rock from Marine Depot. One time I also bought 30lb of premium Fiji dry rock from Oceans Wonders on Ebay. I weighed it all at the time of purchase and it was correct. So this is basically 155 pounds of Fiji dry rock although I have not weighed it myself right before selling. Most of the rocks have been cemented into formations using “e-marco 400”. I never had the cement fail on any pieces I made. Most of the formations are 100% fiji rock and were designed to be stacked in my bare bottom tank. Some of them have a slab of BRS rock on the bottom, these were designed to be in my sand bottom tank. The weight of the cement and the BRS rock is not included in the approximately 150 pounds advertised.

Please note there are two “zoomed out” pictures, each of which shows half of the rock. And then one more picture of it all in two Brute trash cans.

$350 - Marineland 125 gallon reef tank with Modular Marine overflow, and custom DIY stand and canopy

The stand is made of 2x4’s and ¾” plywood, glued and screwed and primed, exactly 72x18 – it was originally made for two smaller tanks. I added another top layer of ¾” ply just to have some overhang under the bottom rim of the tank.
The canopy lid has magnets to stay open. Made of ¾” ply. Very solid.
The two 29 gallon glass tanks with glass lids were used for top-off reservoir and SW mixing. All included in sale price. Plumbing pieces also included. 8 switch power bar included.

$250 - Deep Blue Professional 75 gallon Edge rimless tank with DIY stand and sump

This stand was purpose built for this tank. The stand has a solid maple rim around the edge but it doesn’t look as good as when I first made it. The stand is otherwise made of 2x4’s and ¾” ply, glued screwed and primed. Very solid. The sump is a glass 40 breeder. Separate electronics area on the side. 8 switch power bar included.
This canopy was made with ½” ply and did not have enough ventilation, so its not in good condition. I will give it to you for free if you want it, but it is not considered part of the sale.

IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5870.JPG IMG_5879.JPG

OP
OP
R

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I forgot to add if anyone doesn't want the stands or canopies that's fine we can negotiate a lower price.

Jeff_T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other parts you’ll be selling? Powerheads, skimmers, heaters, etc? I live probably 10-15min from you so cash pick up isn’t an issue.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back