2.5L Pico Concept (3D Printed parts)

Polymate3D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

New here so if I do anything wrong, please let me know. Have done fishkeeping for 16 years before a 8 year break and recently back. I have a fluval Evo nano aquarium but working on a little pico aquarium using my project side, so here it is currently in the development phase. Seeking advice!

Please ignore the bubbles and particles. The particles are to help me see flow, and bubbles are just due to these experiments being done in short tests.

The key question currently is do you think I have enough flow on my current design for softies and possibly LPS?

The pump is 3D printed and is designed around one of my speaker driver designs. The motor is housed out the of pico reef to help with heat generation issues. By changing the frequency it runs at I can create a small ripple like standing wave or optimise for the fastest flow rate. This will be run from a micro controller which will also control heat / cooling.

There is much more to discuss and I'm just reaching out to find some experienced people with Pico aquariums to bounce off ideas and help shape this aquarium concept.

Nothing will be living in it until everything is complete and running without issues

Paul

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back