2 clown fish together a no no

angel1237

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just watched a video on youtube and the guy doing the video said not to put 2 clownfish together they will fight...from what I have been seeing many people keep 2 clowns together...that Is what i was going to do when my tank Is ready for fish...Is It true not to put them together...I hope not..I really wanted a pair.

saltfishguy18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are perfectly fine in pairs. Only issue you could have is if a single one in a pair died after having them for a while and you tried introducing a new one. They could fight then. I have 2 pairs of clownfish in my tank and they are fine.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When ever you introduce two new clowns there may be some bickering, how bad it is depends on the clowns. It's best to get both clowns of similar size at the same time as juveniles. Older clowns are more of a challenge since two females won't mix but two males are fine, one will turn female.

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the same species and you have a small male paired with a large male/female it will work out. The little male will decide that it isn't even worth trying to fight for the leadership position because he is outmatched. The large clown will not see the small one as a threat (although it may push it around a little at first).

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 4 clowns in my 120 and they are just fine... They inter mingle with each other and share nems most of the time... Everyone says its an odd situation lol

Back